Corners

therealhantsram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Two goals from corners last night. Sky interviewer asked Rowett if he had been working on corners in training. Rowett's answer surprised me. He said no, he leaves that to the players. Does that seem odd? Is the normal in pro football?

He didn't say he left it to the players, he said it was Mark Sales Job to coach corners and that he was giving him stick up to now because we hadn't scored from any 

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He didn't say he left it to the players, he said it was Mark Sales Job to coach corners and that he was giving him stick up to now because we hadn't scored from any 

Aah. Misheard that. Bit harsh though as Keogh scored from a corner in the abandoned game.

When's the last time we scored two goals from corners.

I think I remember member a 5-0 win over watford where we may have done that.

The irony is that we only had 3 corners - two first half that we scored from, and one in the second half that hit the first man but still came back for a cross to be delivered into the box.

I'll go as far as to say that Lawrence's first corner was the best I have seen taken for Derby in at least two seasons. Even before Davies got his head on it I had a feeling we were going to score.

16 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Lol so something totally different then.

The one thing last night that lawrence did that literally makes me genuinely excited.

bradleys goal from the Lawrence cross.

he did something i havent seen a derby player do for about 5-6 years

just made himself half a yard and put the ball into a dangerous area, no step overs, no having to beat the man, just ala steve guppy just shifted the ball half a yard and bang into a dangerous that was begging to be finished 

a centre forwards dream that 

with the greatest of respect, none of ince, russell, weimann and blackman would even think to do that

very pleased by his contribution last night and tbh i think theres a lot more to come 

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The one thing last night that lawrence did that literally makes me genuinely excited.

just made himself half a yard and put the ball into a dangerous area, no step overs, no having to beat the man, just ala steve guppy just shifted the ball half a yard and bang into a dangerous that was begging to be finished 

with the greatest of respect, none of ince, russell, weimann and blackman would even think to do that

very pleased by his contribution last night and tbh i think theres a lot more to come 

Sounds daft, but he's got great acceleration over about a yard - comes up one-on-one against the defender, knocks the ball past him and bangs his cross in before the other player has reacted - he also hits his crosses/corners a lot flatter than the hoofed versions we've become used to. Early days, but looks like he could be a great signing....

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Good post, agree with this 100 percent, he whips the ball in with pace, so if anyone connects, it will have the pace to trouble the goalkeeper, was very impressed with Tom, a player at last who can deliver a quality ball into the danger areas, I bet our strikers are so pleased that we now have this quality in our squad.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 goals from corners? Did I miss one last night? 

No, Lawrence took a corner which hit the first man, then crossed it back in for Johnson to score.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

No, Lawrence took a corner which hit the first man, then crossed it back in for Johnson to score.

A corner kick is taken from the quadrant next to the flag in the corner of the pitch. Johnson's goal didn't come from such a kick, he scored from a cross  not a corner.

Archived