Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Max Bird being talked about by Rowett for Barnsley game. 

He is a very good player but is he good enough just yet.  

Hope you are right and I am wrong and Derby do finish top 6. 

I'm not saying we will finish top 6. But I don't think this is the issue everyone is making out.

Don't know enough about bird to comment.

You usually are wrong though so I take heart from that. :D

Has it been confirmed that the original contract that he signed, but in the wrong place, was actually sent to the league? That really would be petty on their part if they refused lea way on the timing to sign in the right place. I can only assume that it wasn't sent thinking that there was still time to do the thing properly.

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

If true, that is disgracefully petty - DCFC should withdraw from media commitments and other opportunities, because that is not the behaviour of a well functioning organisation that cares for its stakeholders.

Sounds petty but rules are rules. If 2 mins is OK, is 5, is 20. When does it stop being OK?

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Your loss! I've learned to support more than one team now and that way you can't be disappointed. For example, it's times like these that make me happy to also support other teams like, Notts Forest, Liverpool and Real Madrid. If one of my teams does poorly then there is a chance that one of my other teams are doing well.

Must cost you a few quid in season tickets, so I assume by the word follow you mean sit in your arse  and listen to match results ?

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

Max Bird being talked about by Rowett for Barnsley game. 

He is a very good player but is he good enough just yet.  

Hope you are right and I am wrong and Derby do finish top 6. 

We won't know until he plays

4 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

If true, that is disgracefully petty - DCFC should withdraw from media commitments and other opportunities, because that is not the behaviour of a well functioning organisation that cares for its stakeholders.

On a point of law if someone signs but in the wrong place then that is still a contract, provided the intention of the person signing is clear. So yes, it is ridiculous and wrong for the EFL to say it is not valid.

Think we have several options

a) sign him under an assumed name - a German centre back called Keith for example

b) Admit that he's not the messiah, he's just a naughty boy who didnt do his homework on time due to being out in amsterdam with his phone off.

c) ask harry redknapp to sort it out and say we'll look after him. release the player and we'll buy your dog cash in hand.

d) accept that actually we'll be just fine.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

On a point of law if someone signs but in the wrong place then that is still a contract, provided the intention of the person signing is clear. So yes, it is ridiculous and wrong for the EFL to say it is not valid.

Bingo. It's also massively irresponsible for the player's welfare, as he's now in some weird twilight zone between a club that tried to sell him and a club that are forced to find an alternative to him.

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

If a player screws up on a form by pure accident they intended to complete before the deadline, which is easy in a rush, it's not really a matter of 5 or 20 though surely?

My assumption, and it may be wrong, is the form was resent to him again, I bet the EFL were not the ones who picked up on it being wrong. So in that case the rules are the rules, if not every club could make out they were late because the form was signed in the wrong place.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Did we submit said incorrect form prior to the deadline?

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Has it been confirmed that the original contract that he signed, but in the wrong place, was actually sent to the league? That really would be petty on their part if they refused lea way on the timing to sign in the right place. I can only assume that it wasn't sent thinking that there was still time to do the thing properly.

From what I've heard, no it wasn't, which was the problem. If the complete documentation set had been sent before 11pm with a covering note saying corrected form to follow, the two hour extension to sort out minor problems would have come into play.

But the League didn't receive anything until after 11pm.

5 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Think we have several options

a) sign him under an assumed name - a German centre back called Keith for example

b) Admit that he's not the messiah, he's just a naughty boy who didnt do his homework on time due to being out in amsterdam with his phone off.

c) ask harry redknapp to sort it out and say we'll look after him. release the player and we'll buy your dog cash in hand.

d) accept that actually we'll be just fine.

Love C ??

Archived