17/18 Loan Watch

California Ram.

Nice to see from a journo who covers Swindon:

In his match ratings he writes:

Kellan Gordon: The winger is understandably still adjusting to the wing-back role, considering this was only his second game in that position, but he grew as the game went on and provided the cross for the third goal - 6

Timi Elsnik: Man-of-the-match. Two-goal hero. He had not played a senior game since November 18 prior to Saturday, which made his 45-minute showing just more incredible, should not be in League Two - 9 [but also says "I was *so* close to giving a 10 but I remain a stingy so-and-so"] 

There's lots more praise for Timi in his timeline, but I think it would be cool if this new adjective became commonly adopted:

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, feisty said:

Bearing in mind both GR's preferred formation of 4231 and his style of play and the type of midfielders he likes, can anyone who watches the u23s confirm if Elsnik, Guy and Bird fit into the type of midfielder we require in a 2? 

Or are they more suited to playing in a midfield 3 like Hughes and Bryson?

Feisty  Afraid they don't Guy could possibly do the holding role but not sure he's physical enough Bird not sure he could for the same reason Elsnik definitely attacking very clever around the edge of the penalty area with a great shot Personally I would like to see him our midfield and drop one the wide players sure he would link up well with Vydra 

8 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Feisty  Afraid they don't Guy could possibly do the holding role but not sure he's physical enough Bird not sure he could for the same reason Elsnik definitely attacking very clever around the edge of the penalty area with a great shot Personally I would like to see him our midfield and drop one the wide players sure he would link up well with Vydra 

I'm all for going with just the one winger, bringing in an attacking midfielder who's comfortable drifting left or right - someone similar to the role Grealish plays for Villa. If we can find that sort of player within the U23s then so much the better. 

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think you can only recall a player when the transfer window is open so unless GT trips over his cat or gets mugged at Millwall then we'll have to wait until next season to see Elsnik in a first team shirt.

Well, some on here do seem to think that's about 100% likely! 

I am sure GR gets regular reports on all our loanees progress.

I sure Timi's glowing reports and 'Man of Match' exploits have not gone in-noticed.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are right in the middle of very genuine and credible promotion challenge he would got his 1st team chance by now. 

Still it is nice to see are own boys coming through for the future.

6 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I am sure GR gets regular reports on all our loanees progress.

I sure Timi's glowing reports and 'Man of Match' exploits have not gone in-noticed.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are right in the middle of very genuine and credible promotion challenge he would got his 1st team chance by now. 

Still it is nice to see are own boys coming through for the future.

I bet our younguns wish they played for forest now. Season’s over so they might as well hand out some debuts. The problem with us is tha our seasons are usually going right to the final game, so we can’t really take that risk, and heap that much pressure on any kids. 

On 28/01/2018 at 06:51, singaporeram said:

sounds like Callum Guy’s walked into a nightmare. Bradford City gone from a promotion chaser when he arrived into 5 consecutive defeats in January, boardroom strife, manager Stuart McCall under pressure, lost 4-0 at home to Wimbledon today - and Callum played out of position at right back (and new signing steven warnock left on the bench) 

It sounds like he's still playing well, though - see below.

Another good win for Swindon - 1-0 away at Stevenage with both Timi Max and Kellan Gordon starting (Kellan subbed in the 92nd minute)  

but awful day for Charles Vernam’s Grimsby - 282 mile mid week trip to Yeovil, first of their two sendings off in just 6 minutes, lose 3-0

Butterfield starts for the first time for the new Wednesday manager, lasts 66 minutes of the goalless draw at Middlesbrough

Darren Bent lasted 64 minutes for Burton’s Derby old boys in the 3-1 home defeat by Reading - 2-1 down when he was brought off - Bywater, Buxton, Brayford and Naylor making it  5 ex Rams in the side that Nigel Clough complained about. 

I can’t keep up with all the players we have loaned out. Is this right?

Bryson

Blackman

Shackell

Butterfield 

Martin

Bent

Rawson

Elsnik

Gordon

Guy

Lowe

Vernam 

Zanzala

Add Russell’s departure to the mix and that’s a chunk off the wage bill.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

I can’t keep up with all the players we have loaned out. Is this right?

Bryson

Blackman

Shackell

Butterfield 

Martin

Bent

Rawson

Elsnik

Gordon

Guy

Lowe

Vernam 

Zanzala

Add Russell’s departure to the mix and that’s a chunk off the wage bill.

And some good players unavailable 

Archived