Who is out of contract next summer?

Gritty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which rivers should we keep in Derbyshire?

personally i would get rid of the Trent. 

Maybe bring in one or two better value  foreign rivers such as the Zambezi?

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Isn't there a big, slow German river we can bring in?

Probably.

i expect gary has been watching video clips of some of the best rivers.

i'm waiting for B4 to argue that we should be giving opportunities to some of our up and coming rivers like the Ecclesbourne.

On the other hand Markeaton Brook has had plenty of time to make the step up and i just don't think it will ever make it as a river.

We should let it go to Burton.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Probably.

i expect gary has been watching video clips of some of the best rivers.

i'm waiting for B4 to argue that we should be giving opportunities to some of our up and coming rivers like the Ecclesbourne.

On the other hand Markeaton Brook has had plenty of time to make the step up and i just don't think it will ever make it as a river.

We should let it go to Burton.

We could get one of those fast flowing ones with lots of turns where they do white water rafting and canooing in to play on the wing. Or are they all artificially pumped up and we'll get done for doping?

Regardless of how the season goes Roos is surplus to requirements, Bent and Baird will be too old to be much use, and Shackell's wages are unsustainable. The only way either of the last 2 will stay is if they offer something this season and take wage cuts.

Pearce has probably run his course here, he's little more than back up and it's highly unlikely Rowett would keep him on when he could get his own man on better terms. Would presume he'd be in the market for a first teamer rather than back up.

Thorne, Forsyth, Russell, Bennett and Hanson have their future in their own hands. Thorne has to prove his fitness, Forsyth and Russell need to cement first team places, and Hanson and Bennett need to push on.

The other consideration here is squad size. Assuming 5 go out as above we will need to reinforce our defence by up to 3 players. If all loanees return we're sitting at 6 out 6 in. That leaves us needing to shift out to bring in so suddenly no one's place is secure - easier to release an out of contract player than find buyers for others. Hanson must be under pressure as he's blocking Guy and Elsnik, and Russell is still a bit of a square peg with Weimann under contract and not any worse.

Likely Forsyth may stay as cover/competition, Thorne gets a pay as you play deal rather than guaranteed huge wages, and Bennett does enough to extend. The others get sacrificed and we can at least bring 2 in before any more outgoings.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

Yeah The Rhine. My favourite is the Danube which passes through Budapest. 

And the Oude Rijn flows through my second-favourite non-Derby place in the world (Leiden)

Archived