Who is out of contract next summer?

Gritty

11 hours ago, David said:

Hanson, Roos, Russell, Pearce, Forsyth, Bent, Shackell, Baird, Bennett

Thorne and Forsyth for sure, then Hanson, Russell, Pearce, Bennett depending on how they perform this season, or how the younger players perform. If Rawson has a cracking season on loan then I don't see why we should keep Shackell and Pearce.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BottrillRAM said:

Thorne and Forsyth for sure, then Hanson, Russell, Pearce, Bennett depending on how they perform this season, or how the younger players perform. If Rawson has a cracking season on loan then I don't see why we should keep Shackell and Pearce.

Thorne and forsyth have to prove their fitness. If we don't renew russell then we should have sold him in the sumner window. The rest can go IMO.

Big season for Mason, if he doesn't get the chance or doesn't deliver time to move on. He needs to be playing regularly to fulfill any promise.

I'd also say same with Hanson although (maybe wrongly) I've already judged him and don't think he's good enough, so move him on.

Callum Guy - get him signed up now, still got something to prove, hasn't had the opportunity.

Roos Baird Shackell and Bent are no brainers, should move on. 

Pearce will be difficult to keep, he'll want first team football. Depends if he can dislodge Davies as to whether he gets a new deal.

if fozzy and Thorne do well then January could be interesting time as the vultures start to circle. If they prove their fitness then definitely sign them up.

As for Johnny, if he can show the form of 2 seasons ago, new deal. If he continues as he has been, then we really need to look at moving him on in January.

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

For the people sayimg let Mason go, would you be saying the about Zanzala? After all they are a few months apart age wise.

I feel Mason gets harsher treatment because he got his debut so early.

I don't think Masons got a better chance to breakthrough than this season. No one seems to be cementing a place in the wide forward positions , I imagine Lawrence will claim one of the spots but with Russell's questionable form , Weimann's been doing ok but don't see him as a long term fixture there and Anya doesnt seem to be fancied by Rowett.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Big season for Mason, if he doesn't get the chance or doesn't deliver time to move on. He needs to be playing regularly to fulfill any promise.

I'd also say same with Hanson although (maybe wrongly) I've already judged him and don't think he's good enough, so move him on.

Callum Guy - get him signed up now, still got something to prove, hasn't had the opportunity.

Roos Baird Shackell and Bent are no brainers, should move on. 

Pearce will be difficult to keep, he'll want first team football. Depends if he can dislodge Davies as to whether he gets a new deal.

if fozzy and Thorne do well then January could be interesting time as the vultures start to circle. If they prove their fitness then definitely sign them up.

As for Johnny, if he can show the form of 2 seasons ago, new deal. If he continues as he has been, then we really need to look at moving him on in January.

Very decent post.

Thorne is an interesting one because basically we have paid him and he has been injured with little playing time but we have seen him do very well so to offer him a new contract is a big gamble whereas Forsyth has been available more but has still been missing due to injuries and onto Russell well he has been available and can perform well in fact he has performed very well ( and poorly at times) over the periods that Thorne and Forsyth have not even played so it could be said that he is more deserving? Personally I would be offering those three new contracts because of what they can do for us or because they are very sellable and Bennett is still young enough to develop 

if we remember clough gave a contract extension to Shaun Barker for very nice reasons but in all reality he was never going to play for us due to his injury which was just bizarre from a financial standpoint 

Archived