The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

40 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Could've been out of sight by half time against a very good Napoli side. Looked to be back to their old selves defensively though.

You still got to remember they were against one of the most inform teams in Europe. Saying that Fernadinho had a mare in second half, some fantastic defending by John Stones kept them in it. 

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You still got to remember they were against one of the most inform teams in Europe. Saying that Fernadinho had a mare in second half, some fantastic defending by John Stones kept them in it. 

True, but to give away 2 penalties in a game against any team is poor. 

Ederson looks a good signing for them.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City, so far this season, have started better than any other side since the PL reform.

The football they are currently playing is just sublime. 

I wonder who will be the first team to beat them this season? 

Us in the fa cup.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 17:15, Bris Vegas said:

Man City, so far this season, have started better than any other side since the PL reform.

The football they are currently playing is just sublime. 

I wonder who will be the first team to beat them this season? 

They seem to be taking the game to another level,domestic treble in all probability.Sublime is the word.

Clearly with prem prices Man City fans need all the financial help they can get, found this amusing on a sea front bar today on Estoril coast.

Did ask about Derby fans, think it was 2 for 1; well they said something like bogof :p

IMG_0609.JPG

Man City's last 15 games in all competitions:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Man City so far this season in all competitions:

P17 W16 D1 L0

For: 52 Against: 12

Teams beaten include Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Napoli (x2) with an aggregate score of 15-4.

Probably the best run of form Pep has ever been on.

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City's last 15 games in all competitions:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Man City so far this season in all competitions:

P17 W16 D1 L0

For: 52 Against: 12

Teams beaten include Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Napoli (x2) with an aggregate score of 15-4.

Probably the best run of form Pep has ever been on.

Played well today and created chances but in the end the only difference was a debateable penalty and an offside goal.

Very easy on  the eye though.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Played well today and created chances but in the end the only difference was a debateable penalty and an offside goal.

Very easy on  the eye though.

I don't think it was a penalty, but moments before that they had a clear one not given so I guess that evens itself out.

At 2-1 Arsenal had a chance to get back into it, but regardless it was City who looked the more likely to score and they got the rub of the green I guess. It was a deserved three points though.

Back-to-back away games against Leicester and Huddlesfield coming up. Different sort of challenges.

With United losing to Chelsea and City in this kind of form, with the eight-point gap at the top you'd have to say it is City's title to lose even at this early stage of the season.

United blew an eight-point lead in the 2011/12 season I think it was with only six games remaining so it can happen. But City are so dominant it's hard to see who will stop them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 03:25, Moist One said:

whilst Pep is doing well now, he was at this time last season too.

As for the comment quoted, not quite sure I agree. I don't even think De Bruyne has reached the level he reached in his first season at City, let alone new levels, Unless you mean specifically "under Pep". Which I suppose is accurate.

KDB is playing the best football of his career right now and is currently head and shoulders the best player in the PL.

After last your I started to think pep was abit overrated, managed 2 of the best sides ever in Barca and Bayern, they struggled last year big time but my god how I was wrong, lovely football and they now don't concede, pretty difficult to see anyone beating them to the title, they could easily win the champions league aswell, like Phil Neville said last night they could easily stay unbeaten all premier league season! 

Archived