The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they have lost stones for a number of weeks which will test their strength in depth - particularly as the defence looks like it has received most attention since last season. 

I think it's very very difficult to win multiple trophies particularly once the major fixture contention kicks in after Christmas  (league, last couple of rounds of carabao,  fa cup and knockout champs league). Expect much more squad rotation then and injuries could be more disruptive.

Cam see a couple of trophies tho....

They’ve got the same number of points after 12 games as they did in Mancini’s title winning season. They lost game 14.

Also worth pointing out that Bayern were set for an invincible season, winning the league in March but then only picked up one point from the next three games. 

It's fantastic from City to go a third of the season unbeaten and to build such a lead at the top of the table, but while there are still 25 games to go, you have to keep a lid on those superlatives.

They have given themselves an incredible platform but right now, that's all it is.

They haven't achieved anything yet.

Arsenal will be top on New Year's Day.

:ph34r:

Net spend in transfer window:-

1 Man City

2 Chelsea 

3 Man United

4 Everton 

5 Liverpool

League positions:-

1 Man City

2 Man United 

3 Chelsea

6 Liverpool

16 Everton 

A pretty clear correlation between spend and league position with Everton being the exception. 

Sure Man City are playing brilliant football that is very attractive to watch but let's not underestimate what spending  £138m net on your team can  do.

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've seen this thread without ever having a nose in it to see what people are posting, now I have and I can't understand why I bothered or why any Derby fan created it or bothers with it.

We're just so passionate about Man City. :lol:

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Net spend in transfer window:-

1 Man City

2 Chelsea 

3 Man United

4 Everton 

5 Liverpool

League positions:-

1 Man City

2 Man United 

3 Chelsea

6 Liverpool

16 Everton 

A pretty clear correlation between spend and league position with Everton being the exception. 

Sure Man City are playing brilliant football that is very attractive to watch but let's not underestimate what spending  £138m net on your team can  do.

Think you will the correlation between spending and league position, especially such vast sums, in pretty much every top league across Europe. All the best players play for the best clubs.

Everyone has their opinion, but I just find it incredible how dull United can be considering how much they've spent on that squad. 

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Think you will the correlation between spending and league position, especially such vast sums, in pretty much every top league across Europe. All the best players play for the best clubs.

Everyone has their opinion, but I just find it incredible how dull United can be considering how much they've spent on that squad. 

I agree. 

Man City playing much better football than United and Chelsea.

Would be interesting to see how Tottenham and Arsenal would fare given the same amount to spend. 

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree. 

Man City playing much better football than United and Chelsea.

Would be interesting to see how Tottenham and Arsenal would fare given the same amount to spend. 

Arsenal could spend £1bn per summer under Wenger and you'd know exactly how they'd play, and where their faults would be. They've had clear weaknesses for years now and Wenger just doesn't know how to solve it.

Arsenal have had the money to spend, Wenger just has never bothered to splash the cash arguably because it would place more pressure on him to win the title.

Spurs would be a good comparison. Pochettino is clearly an excellent coach. If he was in charge of Arsenal instead of Wenger the Gunners would probably be aregular contender for the title and the CL.

On 11/26/2017 at 19:19, ossieram said:

I've seen this thread without ever having a nose in it to see what people are posting, now I have and I can't understand why I bothered or why any Derby fan created it or bothers with it.

Some Derby County fans are also fans of football in general I guess.  Man City are making headlines and playing some great football these days, so they are worthy of interest.

15 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Should have just been one post:- Man City have millions and are going to win the title because of that.

So do United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

While having loads of money will guarantee a top six finish, it doesn't guarantee the title. Ask Louis van Gaal.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

A lot of Southampton fans complaining about the amount of added time tonight.

Doesn't surprise me, but it was warranted.

Great finish from Sterling at the end. He again contributed to so many attacks breaking down due to a lack of footballing intelligence, but at the end he once more proved to be a valuable match-winner.

He's grabbed late goals against Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton now.

City had enough chances to have scored five or six tonight, but they looked vulnerable at set-pieces and the absence of Sane meant they really lacked an attacking threat down the left flank.

They're a much better and fluid team with Stones, Mendy and Sane in the starting XI.

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Doesn't surprise me, but it was warranted.

Great finish from Sterling at the end. He again contributed to so many attacks breaking down due to a lack of footballing intelligence, but at the end he once more proved to be a valuable match-winner.

He's grabbed late goals against Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton now.

City had enough chances to have scored five or six tonight, but they looked vulnerable at set-pieces and the absence of Sane meant they really lacked an attacking threat down the left flank.

They're a much better and fluid team with Stones, Mendy and Sane in the starting XI.

Sounds very reminiscent of some other team. .....:ph34r:

Archived