• Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Yeah  Alan Hinton was always Gladys

I can remember my uncle Cyril calling him Gladys Bless him

Bless Uncle Cyril not Gladys I mean not Alan Hinton

Oh Bless EM BOTH LOL

Lol!

The crowd would shout 'hit him with your handbag Gladys' - I think the white boots were somewhat unusual at the time and he always seemed a bit errr fey? For a big bloke he wasn't fond of getting stuck in, but then what wingers are!

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol!

The crowd would shout 'hit him with your handbag Gladys' - I think the white boots were somewhat unusual at the time and he always seemed a bit errr fey? For a big bloke he wasn't fond of getting stuck in, but then what wingers are!

His blond wavy hair may have had something to do with the Gladys nickname and as you say he didn't really get stuck in. The 70 s weren't exactly politically correct. 

23 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Emlyn Hughes ? (Crazy Horse)

Back in the day when my brother collected football cards, I was sort of teaching him to read and showed him Emlyn Hughes card and asked him to read it. His version was Emu Hew Ges and I thought that was hilarious at the time and have referred to Emlyn by that name ever since

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol!

Tin man. I'll never forget Middlesbrough - with Mark Weight getting sent off after running half the length of the pitch to deck a Middlesbrough player after an altercation with Ted. Happy Days!

For a short while a fair few on The Pop Side called Terry Hennessy 'Cue ball  ' after scoring an own goal where the ball skidded off his head from a corner into our net and after the game Clough said he should have put some chalk on his head before sending him out ! ?

away from Derby my fave nick name is Colin, for Neil Warnock, who apparently was named it after annoying a ref during a game so much the ref (who was seemingly clever) removed the letters from the word w@nker from his name and you are left with Colin ?

I bet some of u tried it ?

23 hours ago, jono said:

I completely forget that .. And he he's kind of my era .. What was it he said to Princess Anne ? .. 'Ere you go love, your turn .. Ace ! 

Something from back around that time but my memory lets me down - but was Emlyn that said it is definately a bloke when Princess Anne was the mystery guest ?

Archived