Favourite funny/witty player nicknames

pafcprogs

I started browsing some sites whilst bored on holiday and wondered if every club has its own set of nicknames...there seems to be a Trigger , Animal or Psycho at most clubs

Then having looked at great nicknames like Kris Musampa, One Size Fitz hall and John "nobody" Eales  ( as Nobody's perfect) I wondered if there are any outstandingly amusing apt and /or witty nicknames for County players..

Any offers>?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

I started browsing some sites whilst bored on holiday and wondered if every club has its own set of nicknames...there seems to be a Trigger , Animal or Psycho at most clubs

Then having looked at great nicknames like Kris Musampa, One Size Fitz hall and John "nobody" Eales  ( as Nobody's perfect) I wondered if there are any outstandingly amusing apt and /or witty nicknames for County players..

Any offers>?

Notts County?  Don't know anyone who plays for them.

2 hours ago, pafcprogs said:

Any offers>?

On you on the right forum?

58 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Surely 'the wardrobe' is a nickname.

Was surprised to hear Radio Derby say "looks like the wardrobe is coming on" at the weekend. Thought is was more derogatory than affectionate.

Love how Gaz refers to players as Vidz, Nuge and so on. Could be a good sign of togetherness too.

Can't remember any classics. Michael Forsyth was Bruce, a few like Baiano and Fuertes had nicknames from their native countries, and of course Carbonari was bazooka.

56 minutes ago, Rample said:

Was surprised to hear Radio Derby say "looks like the wardrobe is coming on" at the weekend. Thought is was more derogatory than affectionate.

Love how Gaz refers to players as Vidz, Nuge and so on. Could be a good sign of togetherness too.

Can't remember any classics. Michael Forsyth was Bruce, a few like Baiano and Fuertes had nicknames from their native countries, and of course Carbonari was bazooka.

My Mum, used to call Biano The Pirate.  She's a mad old bat...

First of all I had no idea calling you County would be so controversial..lesson leaned!

Thanks for these....Wardrobe was of course originally papa Bouba Diop at Pompey

I had heard Hinton being Noddy for his running style....any others from back in the day?

8 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

First of all I had no idea calling you County would be so controversial..lesson leaned!

Thanks for these....Wardrobe was of course originally papa Bouba Diop at Pompey

I had heard Hinton being Noddy for his running style....any others from back in the day?

I thought Hinton was Gladys?

Archived