Chris Martin

Richard246

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So what in reality is you could say that we were better without tom Ince against Preston last season at home because we couldn't beat them! - silly point but that is what you are suggesting- wolves were excellent we were poor in that game

May seem a silly point but some fans think we are somehow a better team without Ince....mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

May seem a silly point but some fans think we are somehow a better team without Ince....mmmmmmmmmmmm

We may prove to be more successful without him who knows but I enjoy seeing good teams and good players playing in a Derby shirt

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

So what in reality is you could say that we were better without tom Ince against Preston last season at home because we couldn't beat them! - silly point but that is what you are suggesting- wolves were excellent we were poor in that game

What? 

All i am I saying is we played better Tuesday without Martin then we did Saturday with him. Purely because someone asked how we can be better without him and that was a decent example.

That is certainly not to say we were s**** on Saturday because of him it's just saying he was part of the team that played s****.

on here you mention a couple of facts that put Martin in a bad light then all his lovers come on defending him :lol: 

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Purely because someone asked how we can be better without him and that was a decent example.

on here you mention a couple of facts that put Martin in a bad light then all his lovers come on defending him :lol: 

1) No. He asked how are we a better side without Martin as we've come closer to promotion. He didn't ask if Derby can play individual games better. He was talking on a wider scale. 

2) Maybe people just won't stand by and let others slag of the highest goalscorer for Derby County since when? (You can answer that if you like)

In fact if you open your eyes and stop trying so hard to target one player then you might find that not many people are praising his performances. Nobody is bitching when he was left out were they? It's just that when a bloke scores 50+ goals for Derby they tend to be well liked. Can you grasp that or are you trying to join the other pair of parasites. 

I mean come on. It's not a bad option for the bench is it. I've been after Vydra and Nugent in 4231 since the second half of Rowett's first game. But weirdly I don't feel the need to stick the boot in to a player who's done well for this club. Better than Howard and Hulse and all the trash of the past what? 10 years. 10 years worth of strikers. 

Can you see why people defend him? And no derby fan should be taking any pleasure in a Derby player struggling should they? 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

1) No. He asked how are we a better side without Martin as we've come closer to promotion. He didn't ask if Derby can play individual games better. He was talking on a wider scale. 

2) Maybe people just won't stand by and let others slag of the highest goalscorer for Derby County since when? (You can answer that if you like)

In fact if you open your eyes and stop trying so hard to target one player then you might find that not many people are praising his performances. Nobody is bitching when he was left out were they? It's just that when a bloke scores 50+ goals for Derby they tend to be well liked. Can you grasp that or are you trying to join the other pair of parasites. 

I mean come on. It's not a bad option for the bench is it. I've been after Vydra and Nugent in 4231 since the second half of Rowett's first game. But weirdly I don't feel the need to stick the boot in to a player who's done well for this club. Better than Howard and Hulse and all the trash of the past what? 10 years. 10 years worth of strikers. 

Can you see why people defend him? And no derby fan should be taking any pleasure in a Derby player struggling should they? 

The last player to score as many goals for us is Marco Gabbiadini.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

What do you think you've proven there? :lol:

You've shown Hazard scoring a great individual goal. 

What was the score in that game? I'm going to walk you through this.

It's proving one individual can win you a game.

you can't tell me one moment of magic won't ever change a result. 'Walk me through' this if you like:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

1) No. He asked how are we a better side without Martin as we've come closer to promotion. He didn't ask if Derby can play individual games better. He was talking on a wider scale.   Was he? We have been a better side without Martin so far.

2) Maybe people just won't stand by and let others slag of the highest goalscorer for Derby County since when? (You can answer that if you like) it's an opinion.. that's all. I thought I was free to post my opinions?

In fact if you open your eyes and stop trying so hard to target one player then you might find that not many people are praising his performances. Nobody is bitching when he was left out were they? It's just that when a bloke scores 50+ goals for Derby they tend to be well liked. Can you grasp that or are you trying to join the other pair of parasites.  Not many criticise him either. That's what frustrates me. They are very quick to jump on other players but because we have a player who once scored us a lot of goals we can't ever criticise him?

I mean come on. It's not a bad option for the bench is it. I've been after Vydra and Nugent in 4231 since the second half of Rowett's first game. But weirdly I don't feel the need to stick the boot in to a player who's done well for this club. Better than Howard and Hulse and all the trash of the past what? 10 years. 10 years worth of strikers.  Nope he's not a bad option for the bench and it's where he deserves to be right now. Not sticking the boot in just expressing an opinion on a forum it's not like I'm booing him at a match.

Can you see why people defend him? And no derby fan should be taking any pleasure in a Derby player struggling should they? Yes but equally I would hope people will accept that he does divide opinion and a few of us don't think he's the answer/what we want.   It is never pleasuresble to see any derby player struggle i would much rather Martin bags 20 league goals and I get proven wrong on him!

28 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It's proving one individual can win you a game.

you can't tell me one moment of magic won't ever change a result. 'Walk me through' this if you like:thumbsup:

As much as I agree with the idea that individuals can win games between two EQUAL teams, you couldn't have used a worse example. The whole of Chelsea were excellent that day and Arsenal were appalling. A bit of magic from Hazard didn't really change the game at all, Arsenal were getting absolutely battered.

16 hours ago, lrm14 said:

As much as I agree with the idea that individuals can win games between two EQUAL teams, you couldn't have used a worse example. The whole of Chelsea were excellent that day and Arsenal were appalling. A bit of magic from Hazard didn't really change the game at all, Arsenal were getting absolutely battered.

I have no recollection of that game at all. I purely just searched great solo goals and picked a random one so don't take that specific game as my main point.

The point is individuals can certainly change a result. Or at least a score line. I can't believe it's even up for debate.  It's obviously a team game but every so often one player can make a big difference.

Martin will prove over the season that he still has a part to play just like Nugent and Vydra, we as fans should be happy with our options upfront, all three will play a part, and all three at this level are very good players. So whoever Mr Rowett plays will get my full support.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived