Chris Martin

Richard246

Massive Martin fan but completely happy to go with Nugent with Vyds behind if it wins us games. Whatever is best for the team suits me, 433 doesn't seem to be the one from the look of the first two games, no where near enough attributes in the current squad to make it successful IMO. Martin's very good in a team that can pull off a 433, don't think it's our best chance this year though. I'm sure we'll revert back to it at points but we look to have players to suit other systems now, which in itself is a big bonus. We've been knackered without Martin over the past 3 years when he's been injured/out on loan. Good to change it up. 

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as; Martin plays = we're s****, Martin doesn't play = we're a better team. Formation and personnel in certain positions is what's improved us (slightly) this week on top of the first two games. Here's hoping we can push on, regardless who plays. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rynny said:

Can I just point out the terms of use of the forum to you.

https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

Maybe pay close attention to this part:

Profanity Filter

dcfcfans.uk has a filter in place for a reason, this is not intended as a creative challenge to use profanity. Posts found to be containing creative profanity will be edited/removed from the forum.

In addition to this, some words when posted may hold the post for moderator approval, posts found to be creatively edited to avoid this filter will be edited or removed.

I thought s**** was spelling was correct? :lol:

As in ''Thats why Martin has had 3 s**** games''

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Not automatic first choice anymore. Not the kingpin. Not the one upon whom all hopes are placed. 

We're no longer "we have to adapt to the way Martin plays" but "Martin's going to have to adapt to the way GR wants to play", which is exactly how it should be. He needs to make sure he can do what the manager wants or he won't be in the side.

But he's still an important part of the squad who will get his fair share of goals/assists and something different to our other strikers. 

Agree with most of this.

Although I think the way Martin plays should stay the same. GR just picks which way he wants to go for each game.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Massive Martin fan but completely happy to go with Nugent with Vyds behind if it wins us games. Whatever is best for the team suits me, 433 doesn't seem to be the one from the look of the first two games, no where near enough attributes in the current squad to make it successful IMO. Martin's very good in a team that can pull off a 433, don't think it's our best chance this year though. I'm sure we'll revert back to it at points but we look to have players to suit other systems now, which in itself is a big bonus. We've been knackered without Martin over the past 3 years when he's been injured/out on loan. Good to change it up. 

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as; Martin plays = we're s****, Martin doesn't play = we're a better team. Formation and personnel in certain positions is what's improved us (slightly) this week on top of the first two games. Here's hoping we can push on, regardless who plays. 

That ration thinking has no place here. 

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God....how tedious is this.....bores with axes to grind, emerging from the ether because Martin didn't start a game.

Newsflash alert "manager used his squad to suit opponents,shocker"

3o6Zt62PeJeFUDwBUI.gif

Kash kash kash me old muck --- At some point you're going to have to give up on your irrational obsessive love for this player  - just like the manager and the Pride Park faithful have done AFTER watching him do diddly for 2 games. It's Vydra and Nugent time not Martin and Butterfield hour. The goal is to be menacing and attack and win not to be the merchants of slow sideways static, and keep losing. COYR

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Kash kash kash me old muck --- At some point you're going to have to give up on your irrational obsessive love for this player  - just like the manager and the Pride Park faithful have done AFTER watching him do diddly for 2 games. It's Vydra and Nugent time not Martin and Butterfield hour. The goal is to be menacing and attack and win not to be the merchants of slow sideways static, and keep losing. COYR

Everybody sing:

NIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS

NNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNOOOOOOOSSSSSS

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEE KKKKNNNNNNNNOOOOOWWWWWSSSSS

Bugger all

Just now, cheron85 said:

Everybody sing:

NIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS

NNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNOOOOOOOSSSSSS

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEE KKKKNNNNNNNNOOOOOWWWWWSSSSS

Bugger all .... meow

Yup. All publicity is good publicity. Keep ? it. 

Just now, Ninos said:

Yup. All publicity is good publicity. Keep ? it. 

I work in communications and I kind 100% tell you that is untrue

For example - Every time you communicate on here is showcases further how much nonsense it is you talk - It's like Donald Trump - He'd have a much better public image if he never spoke

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I work in communications and I kind 100% tell you that is untrue

For example - Every time you communicate on here is showcases further how much nonsense it is you talk - It's like Donald Trump - He'd have a much better public image if he never spoke

Donald Trump wouldn't be president if he didn't say the thing he says.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Donald Trump wouldn't be president if he didn't say the thing he says.

He'd have a better public image though - Was my point - Also being president of the USA is generally horrific for your public image - In fact being a politician at all is - Mainly because (wait for it) they're allowed to talk far too much :)

54 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Crikey,was that what I saw on Tuesday then?

I thought it was hoofball with a fortunate penalty that was almost missed.

I must remember to reset my "hoofball" appreciation levels back down to national league ninos standards....life must be so much better when you set the bar low.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Crikey,was that what I saw on Tuesday then?

I thought it was hoofball with a fortunate penalty that was almost missed.

I must remember to reset my "hoofball" appreciation levels back down to national league ninos standards....life must be so much better when you set the bar low.

Hoofball was Saturday. Football came on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I looked back on The Wardrobe Watch thread the other day (it was to help back up a post a didn't end up writing because I'm a little fed up of it all), but there was a lovely one from you saying toodles to Martin because wouldn't be coming back this summer. 

I mean I'm not saying you don't know what time it is, but...well, you know

8 hours ago, Richard246 said:

After watching the game against Preston i do believe Derby are a much better team without Chris Martin.

I am a Chris Martin fan but not sure he no longer fits in to our style of play under Gary.

Nugent works better for the team links up well with Vydra and i think Lawrence will link up better with the team without Martin. I would now sell Martin and Russell and bring in another 2 forwards one being a wide player.

Formation for me as to be 1-4 -2-3-1   with the 2 out of Johnson,Huddlestone,Thorne.

Crikey! I think you could be onto something here @Richard246.I usually see 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2 or even 4-1-4-1 formations advocated but you're the first poster who's included a goalkeeper! Who'd have thought?!?

3 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Crikey! I think you could be onto something here @Richard246.I usually see 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2 or even 4-1-4-1 formations advocated but you're the first poster who's included a goalkeeper! Who'd have thought?!?

It's Dutch coaching thing. Include the Goalke in the formation, that is 

Archived