Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, cymru said:

Just got home from a 269 mile round trip what a load of rubbish and what a waist of money poor performance  mid table tops if we lucky this season

How fast are you driving?

Two games in. Let's see what team we have at the end of the transfer window and any improvements before all this wrist slashing. If we are still rubbish end of September then I will be honing my razor

I am sorry for all the sympathisers on the board. Rowett is a naive idiot.Like Huddersfield/Brighton last season or Wolves this season I wanted a squad ready to get promoted. We don't have that.Instead we have 'we have put bids in'. Laughable! In my view he has 4 more games then back to Long Eaton United. He is out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The reason they looked so dangerous down our left was Weimann being utterly awful defensively. Time after time their right wing back ran into a huge gaping space and Weimann just stood there letting him do it.

I know this had been mentioned earlier and I do accept this but there was a few one on ones where I thought he was hesitant and not the fossie I remember. However I'm not slating the guy just hope he can get back to where I thought he was pre injury as I thought he was on of the best left backs in the championship 

Once you all realise that we need to have a overhaul (1 year too late) that this is a consolidating season the better, let's hope Mel realises that too instead of pulling the inevitable trigger yet again...... and installing Paul Simpson as manager come December 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

2.5 hours to cover 135 miles equates to an average speed  of 54 mph which is eminently achievable if the majority of the distance was motorway driving. Just saying like.

Except his post was an hour ago :lol:

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Once you all realise that we need to have a overhaul (1 year too late) that this is a consolidating season the better, let's hope Mel realises that too instead of pulling the inevitable trigger yet again...... and installing Paul Simpson as manager come December 

Yeah, I've been saying this since GR took the job.

No matter who is in charge, the squad need a revamp - 7 or 8 players out, 5 or 6 in.  You can't do that in 1 transfer window especially when you don't have a lot of FFP headroom.

Hopefully MM will give GR the time to work, otherwise we'll be paying yet another manager off and any new manager will be faced with the same problems.  Its gonna take more than a season to right the wrongs of the past few years.

Today's team lacked any movement and ideas. Yes we need a midfielder who looks forward quicker but at the same time we need a forward line that move to create space. Our wingers (and fullbacks today) and Chris Martin do not create space and therefore we have to pass the ball backwards. Until we get players that are happy to run between the lines and run into space we are royally badgered! 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The thing is, we sat through 5 years of clough overhauling the squad. A fair bit of it was crap, but it was worth it because of where we ended up - a young, hungry squad with a lot of talented players. Ever since we got there, we've set about systematically destroying everything we achieved, so I have absolutely no desire to sit through that again.  

Just now, maxjam said:

Yeah, I've been saying this since GR took the job.

No matter who is in charge, the squad need a revamp - 7 or 8 players out, 5 or 6 in.  You can't do that in 1 transfer window especially when you don't have a lot of FFP headroom.

Hopefully MM will give GR the time to work, otherwise we'll be paying yet another manager off and any new manager will be faced with the same problems.  Its gonna take more than a season to right the wrongs of the past few years.

Yer but is Rowett getting the most out of his current squad either in the individuals performances or the formations he's picking? When he said at the end of last season that it was like lingering death that said to me he found it impossible to motivate his current players to an acceptable standard of performance, worrying statement to make.  

1 point from 6 after being matched by a Sunderland team 'in crisis' and being unable to land a glove on 'the best team in the division' Wolves.

What an uninspiring start to the season, with the kind of performances that should encourage Rowett to shake things up. I don't think he has been brave enough in his thinking or fresh with his approach.

When you play for a point, typically that is the most you will get. And when you adopt this tired set-up, the outcome is predictable. Surely he must have seen enough of us playing 4-3-3 and our personnel to know this particular XI is not the way forward and doesn't get the best out of any single player in the team. Oh wait, no, because we were playing scattergun elevens for most of pre-season.

You can't play Russell and Weimann in the same side. They offer far too similar qualities and far too similar frustrations. The midfield three of Huddlestone, Butterfield and Johnson is lethargic, unbalanced and not mobile enough to support Martin. Keogh and Davies needed a pre-season together. We miss Christie.

The sooner we bring in a winger with some guile, the better. The sooner we bring in a midfielder with more dynamism and more positive intent, the better. The sooner Vydra is fit, the better. But will it be enough? I have serious doubts Rowett can get the best out of this group of players.

If it gets worse, let's just go for three at the back and thank the innovator, the genius, the deity Pep when we get promoted.

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

Feel sorry for Rowett i think he can now see the level of players he as at his disposal and they aint good enough

Lets go back to the Pearson days he saw instantly a clear out was needed and the players revolted,today was a poor of a display i have seen for a few seasons given the fact its the first home game i was expecting a lot more than that.

Its not panic stations just yet but it does not look great i have to say

Why feel sorry for him,He gets well paid, i believe Mac was sacked early to give Rowett time to asses the squad over the 9 games left so he could make decisions and change accordingly.I was gutted when he sold Will for a pittance, and was left worried about Ince's departure too, but then in came Hudd/Davies/Wisdom for not much money too and i thought, ok, build from the back with the money earned... but its all stopped there, now it has to be said i'm no Rowett fan, i think his first 3 acquisitions were 'decent', so i wont be joining the wrist slashers or Rowett outers, but i sincerely hope he can add some real quality in midfield and up front (having lost Will/Ince) but Mel (who i blame for this shambles) may have to dig deep again as the market has got tougher/more expensive the last 2 years, but... We need 4/5 midfield and forward players Mel !! So i dont share your sorrow,he's had time, he should have been ahead of the market not behind it...

Archived