Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a couple of games abandoned in the 1st half. Once at Newport (must have been Div 3 game), New Year's Day, sometime in the 80s. I think they were 1-0 up at the time. And then the Gillingham FA Cup game - frozen pitch. I know the Gillingham game was replayed because I was at both. And as far as I know the Newport one was too.

1 minute ago, londonbridgeram said:

I remember a couple of games abandoned in the 1st half. Once at Newport (must have been Div 3 game), New Year's Day, sometime in the 80s. I think they were 1-0 up at the time. And then the Gillingham FA Cup game - frozen pitch. I know the Gillingham game was replayed because I was at both. And as far as I know the Newport one was too.

Yes, it was played midweek in March or April, 1986 I think. Trevor Christie scored in a 1-1 draw if I recall correctly. I managed to get back to Brizzle before the pubs shut.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Yes, it was played midweek in March or April, 1986 I think. Trevor Christie scored in a 1-1 draw if I recall correctly. I managed to get back to Brizzle before the pubs shut.

Have we had a game abandoned since the opening of Pride Park when floodlights failed? Wimbledon I think it was right?

13 minutes ago, londonbridgeram said:

God I remember going ALL the way to both of those Gillingham games 

I was a FULL fan then !

19 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

God I remember going ALL the way to both of those Gillingham games 

I was a FULL fan then !

Newport was 85 or 86 I think, was my first Rams away game.

Only other game that I remember being called off was Burnley in the cup for fog about 92?

Bet I've missed a few others though.

1 minute ago, Mick Harford said:

Newport was 85 or 86 I think, was my first Rams away game.

Only other game that I remember being called off was Burnley in the cup for fog about 92?

Bet I've missed a few others though.

Remember the Burnley fog game.

How about the Wimbledon H first league game at PPS being called off because of flood lights.

grrrr ref bottled it.?? 

Fair play to the players sliding to give us a cheer something though. Good goal for Keogh though. 

Archived