Grounds for divorce.

BathRam72

Ok first time starting a topic so not sure if this is in the right area.

As my name suggests I live near Bath and travel to Sunderland is out of the question after work on Friday.  So I told my wife that I am reserving the big screen tv to watch the game.

"Who is playing?" She asked. So I duly pointed out that we are playing in the season opener and that the rest of the league kicks off on Saturday followed by the premiership the following week. 

To which she says "So the real football starts the week after

Is this grounds for divorce?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As my name suggests I live near Bath and travel to Sunderland is out of the question after work on Friday.  So I told my wife that I am reserving the big screen tv to watch the game.

"Who is playing?" She asked. So I duly pointed out that we are playing in the season opener and that the rest of the league kicks off on Saturday followed by the premiership the following week. 

I don't know about the divorce law aspect, but it's sufficient grounds to rule out the CPS making any murder charge. Plead guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility, good legal team, sympathetic jury, and you'll be out in time for the new manager bounce in March. 

I'm not sure where this should have been posted but it is a grave situation.

Maybe @Bilbo is your man for this delicate problem. Myself, I think it's more a case of her being in the dark vis-a-vie the joy of being a Ramsfan.

I suggest you buy her favourite tipple, nice goodies to eat, be they chocolates, savouries or whatever her fancy is and enlighten her watching the game together.

Failing that, yeah, she's got to go. ;)

The perfect marital bliss conversation...

"You think more of Derby County than you do of me."

"I think more of Nottingham Forest than I do of you."

This is an appalling show from BathRams. Weak and narrowminded. Everyone knows the season started last Thursday when Everton played Fc Rydogodhsgwuvohnagicj in the Europa League. Or at least that's what I told Mrs Bilbo as I went to the pub to watch it.

My advice now, book tomorrow off work, drive to Sunderland, go to the match. Then go on a bender for 8 days and come back at 16:45 on Saturday when the "real football" has started.

21 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Your wife sounds very witty and knowledgeable 

What is the problem ? 

22 hours ago, Bilbo said:

This is an appalling show from BathRams. Weak and narrowminded. Everyone knows the season started last Thursday when Everton played Fc Rydogodhsgwuvohnagicj in the Europa League. Or at least that's what I told Mrs Bilbo as I went to the pub to watch it.

My advice now, book tomorrow off work, drive to Sunderland, go to the match. Then go on a bender for 8 days and come back at 16:45 on Saturday when the "real football" has started.

And miss the Grimsby match and David's BBQ? Damn half fans.

I'm sorry Bathram but this is clearly grounds for divorce - unreasonable behaviour. It's your house, your widescreen TV and you are the master in your own home. I've been married three times and I should know. 

The current Mrs Ilkley agrees. Or I think that's what she meant.

Archived