Peno takers

Derbylad92

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Irish pen 

I laughed aloud at just how feeble this joke was - your poorest attempt at humour ever which made it even more funny due to the utter limpness of it all :thumbsup: 

a pint of harp Guinness or murphys on me  - your call

10 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

We have had 3 penis in pre season scored 1 missed  2 who do you think should take our penos? Personally I can't believe big tom ain't  taking them

Well ... Johnson is American slang for penis so maybe he should be the one giving the penis.  As for who should take the penis, I think "Iekchi Anya" is the noise I would make if I took the penis, so it should probably be him.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Chris Martin is without doubt one of the worst penalty taking strikers I've ever seen, if he's taking them we ain't scoring many. No power, no height on them, I'm pretty sure he's missed a hell of a lot more than he's scored. Damn good player but he can't take a penalty to save his life.

Dunno who we've got who can take them tbh, Bryson is s**** at them as well, Russell ain't much better either. Weimann maybe? Vydra if he's on the field? Either that or huddlestone.

Idiakez was worse surely, if he could have taken a penalty from 30 yards he would have done better.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He had a 100% conversion rate in the league with us according to the stats I've found 

Thats weird cause my memory is he was awful, but you are right he does seem to have scored them all. Maybe it was cups i dont know. One memory I have is him being awful and I knew he would miss that southampton penalty...

Guess it goes to show how anecdotal memories can be at times.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

I laughed aloud at just how feeble this joke was - your poorest attempt at humour ever which made it even more funny due to the utter limpness of it all :thumbsup: 

a pint of harp Guinness or murphys on me  - your call

Perfection is hard 100% of the time ?

Im here all week though ?

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Just looked it up, you're right but only just! 57% conversion rate, that's abysmal imo given that he's taken 15

A conversion rate of 57% from 15 suggests Chrissy Martin has bagged eight and a half successful pens in his time. Which is as unusual as it is unimpressive.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Alright it was summat like 57.4 Mr pedantic!:lol:

Scoring 9/15 would be 60% while 8/15 would be 53.3% You're groping around in a mathematical no man's land! I've sometimes been a maths editor for my sins so I can't help but check these things.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Scoring 9/15 would be 60% while 8/15 would be 53.3% You're groping around in a mathematical no man's land! I've sometimes been a maths editor for my sins so I can't help but check these things.

It was 8/15:lol: Don't blame you mate I'm a maths man myself, should be set to do it at uni so would normally check but couldn't be arsed today, it's been a long one!

6 hours ago, Kinder said:

Well ... Johnson is American slang for penis so maybe he should be the one giving the penis.  As for who should take the penis, I think "Iekchi Anya" is the noise I would make if I took the penis, so it should probably be him.

That is so wrong, such a disturbing mental image that will take weeks to get rid of

i like it

It's amazing how players can direct a 50-yard pass to feet with such regularity yet when it comes to penalties it's often hit closer to the centre than the post.

I remember Ravanelli missing two on the spin in 1-0 defeats to Liverpool and Newcastle in our PL relegation season. Both times he hit it at the same height in the same place.

Just aim high. Any penalty at head height is almost unsavable.

I'd forgive them for blazing one or two over the bar over the course of the season if it meant scoring 4 out of every 5 say.

As we have no consistent penalty taker, whoever wins it, takes it. No squabbles on the pitch. 

Typing this I'm realising what a great idea this is, makes it harder for keepers to swat up before the game when it's not a regular taker.

Any professional footballer should have the ability to take a penalty. If they can't, cancel their contract.

Archived