25. Max Lowe
26. Jamie Hanson
28. David Nugent
29. Marcus Olsson
33. Curtis Davies
34. George Thorne
35. Jonathan Mitchell
44. Tom Huddlestone

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/201718-squad-numbers-revealed?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The days when players you are looking to move or youth players get the 30+numbers have really gone haven't they?

Bring back the years of Adam Bolder being moved to 32 from 15 I say. Or Craig Burley from 8 to 38. Even recently Paul Green from 4 to 32. All of them gloriously harsh and kinda unnecessary.

Always remember that brilliant piece of commentary by Big Ron in a Champions League game a few years back..."he's made that number 47 shirt his own..." :mellow:

I know I'm a traditionalist but for me it's 1-11 and everything else is a substitute.When I was at school, I wanted that number 4 shirt (for the school team) , never the number 12 or anything higher.   I would also do away with shirt names as I think it's that that introduces the way for squad numbers. That also detracts from the notion of "team" for me. There's no "I" in team, but if you look closely, there is a "me" :mellow:

Thought Wisdom would've taken number 2, was hoping Huddlestone would take 8 off Anya, nobody having number 10 is expected though, new signing will take that.

Just hope if we sign a striker they don't have the number 2 shirt!

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Disappointed Huddlestine didn't reclaim his 16. How attached to that number are you actually, Alex Pearce?!

Why are you disappointed over a number on a players back, no special abilities come with 8 or 16, Huddlestone is still the same player even with 99.

Just a number to identify him by on the pitch, one to go in the referees notebook 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Why are you disappointed over a number on a players back, no special abilities come with 8 or 16, Huddlestone is still the same player even with 99.

Just a number to identify him by on the pitch, one to go in the referees notebook 

Well, the comment was largely tongue in cheek and also, why do you care what the new kit looks like? Because you'll have to look at it all season.

Having players run around with number like 42 and 63 on their shirts looks ugly to me. It's like that Wigan striker, alone, who wore the number 2. Gross.

44's okay but I'd have liked the romance of Huddlestone having his old shirt.

Archived