Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But you know we're a Championship team. We're not going to get a player who puts in shed loads of work, has perfect vision and always picks out the right pass. Russell is a solid Championship player in our solid Championship side, why didn't you pick out Johnson if you think that the one contribution for the goal wasn't enough? Johnson provided a goal and almost nothing else, yet you don't pick him out? Russell has been a scapegoat too often, he didn't even play badly against Sunderland, sure he picked out a few wrong passes, and yet it's the first game, players are still rusty and still need more minutes. 

We'll see if he's still rusty in december and picks out the wrong options

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They would be unbelievable signings, a lad that played against us at Ipswich where we won 3-0 and a lad who was on the bench for Barnsley when we beat the them 2-1 at pride park, to put him it simply they are not world beaters! 

We beat Fulham 4-2 last season, so I'm guessing you wouldn't have Tom Cairney in this side either?

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

You're right Johnson was non effective but some of that is due to the fact we played it too long in the first half and as they were playing 442 that was dissapointing as we should've had a spare player in the middle but we didn;t use that option as GR said the first haf we didnt pass enough...

look i would love JR to be great for us as his effort is fantastic and an example to many but for all of his effort he just lacks quality..yes he will beat someone with pace but then he's just as likely to pass to the opposition as he is to pass to a Derby Player.

I watch the game as a fan like you do and stats can be deceiving but the fact he rarely scores or assists says a lot....

yes he did well against Galloway who helped him and fridays game will say an assistbut if you look at his general game its not good enough for me...I said to my lad on friday for every pass he gives to a rams shirt one goes astray and i find him very frustrating....I would love for him to be better because his effort is second to none 

Maybe you should give him a chance under Rowett in a new season and a new formation??? He played 1 game, and got 1 assist, he did the job he was paid for, give him a break. The fact is, we've had many different managers over the past 3 or 4 years, why have they all picked him? We've had bids for Russell, so why didn't we sell? What are you seeing that many different managers aren't? If he was so poor, we'd have got rid of him right? 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Maybe you should give him a chance under Rowett in a new season and a new formation??? He played 1 game, and got 1 assist, he did the job he was paid for, give him a break. The fact is, we've had many different managers over the past 3 or 4 years, why have they all picked him? We've had bids for Russell, so why didn't we sell? What are you seeing that many different managers aren't? If he was so poor, we'd have got rid of him right? 

because his work ethic is fantastic and you cannot say the same thing about everyone in our team....he is a Rowett sort of player...look please don't think i watch the game and don't want him to do well because i really do but for me is just not good enough simple as that...yes he may be better with Rowett but I really don't think he will....only my opinion just like your good self but i personally would want better than him and think we can get better

Just now, Saity said:

because his work ethic is fantastic and you cannot say the same thing about everyone in our team....he is a Rowett sort of player...look please don't think i watch the game and don't want him to do well because i really do but for me is just not good enough simple as that...yes he may be better with Rowett but I really don't think he will....only my opinion just like your good self but i personally would want better than him and think we can get better

But then we get the flip side of the coin. People say Russell works hard and doesn't deliver, and then when we had Ince and other players in his ilk, they're lazy, have a bad attitude etc, our fans will find a way to slag off our players no matter what. In 2013/14 and 2014/15 Russell had a lot of end product, since then we've not had stable management. I'm just saying to give him a chance before you call for him and many of our other players to be sold, when we're really just at the start of Rowett's reign proper.

what Ince lacked in work rate he made up for in quality...and to be fair to him i thought his work rate improved 

Russell is a likeable bloke how can anyone dislike his attitude and work rate but we need more than that...look at knockeart for example...a quality player with energy and a major factor in Brightons promotion last season.

I'm not saying this on the back of a few performances i'm looking at him over the last few seasons and i don't think he's good enough but time will tell

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

what Ince lacked in work rate he made up for in quality...and to be fair to him i thought his work rate improved 

Russell is a likeable bloke how can anyone dislike his attitude and work rate but we need more than that...look at knockeart for example...a quality player with energy and a major factor in Brightons promotion last season.

I'm not saying this on the back of a few performances i'm looking at him over the last few seasons and i don't think he's good enough but time will tell

It will indeed, its not Russell's side of the pitch where we have the issues is it? 

Archived