Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Tbh he is quite good

Possible loan maybe

Can we test the water with a 7m bid Gary?????

Loan only and that's the only way we've been linked with him.

In a few years he might be worth £7m or less but right now, when its all just potential ,I doubt he'd be sold for less than £20m. No club wants to risk letting go of their next big thing.

Obviously my posts were a bit 'tongue-in-cheek' last night, which i appreciate can be lost in a forum post/or even on some readers. 

I do rate this lad, he reminds me of a young better Ince. He managed to look quite good in a fleeting appearance vs Bayern Munich last night, and although the  game was already lost he was still playing against high class opposition of much better standard than the championship.  He had also done very well in other pre season games that I have seen. 

Of course he is young and lacks experience, but he will get better with more game time. Also ad I have said before he terrified our defence at Oakwell and looked quite good when he came on as a sub at Pride Park. That coupled with his YouTube footage vs Leeds is enough for me to state that he is worth signing on loan or otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

:ermm:

Then it'd be us or Fulham for Ojo, strange that it's quiet regarding Ojo news. Will Kent actually get game time at Boro though?

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Then it'd be us or Fulham for Ojo, strange that it's quiet regarding Ojo news. Will Kent actually get game time at Boro though?

Why do you think we wouldn't be able to compete on players with Boro? I'm sure we've got the funds to be able to match the wages they will offer, and I doubt they've got better facilities? I'm interested. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Why do you think we wouldn't be able to compete on players with Boro? I'm sure we've got the funds to be able to match the wages they will offer, and I doubt they've got better facilities? I'm interested. 

I never said that, I'm sure we can match it and try to encourage the player how much we want him to be a part for us etc. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I never said that, I'm sure we can match it and try to encourage the player how much we want him to be a part for us etc. 

I see, I assumed you were writing him off to Boro with your post, misinterpreted it. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I see, I assumed you were writing him off to Boro with your post, misinterpreted it. 

Sorry if my post misinterpreted it. 

The ojo one is interesting- he has been allowed to go to one of three different clubs yet he still hasn't decided which does make you wonder if he is a billy big boots waiting for something else? - if it takes him this long you can see why Boro have moved on it seems

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The ojo one is interesting- he has been allowed to go to one of three different clubs yet he still hasn't decided which does make you wonder if he is a billy big boots waiting for something else? - if it takes him this long you can see why Boro have moved on it seems

Think you could be right maybe waiting for something else (Premier League club?) 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Could be that. Could be just weighing up his options. A bad loan move can really damage a young player, whereas the right loan can be the catalyst for them to kick on.

We know almost nothing about the lad as a person. Let's not make assumptions. 

Just now, Tombo said:

Could be that. Could be just weighing up his options. A bad loan move can really damage a young player, whereas the right loan can be the catalyst for them to kick on.

We know almost nothing about the lad as a person. Let's not make assumptions. 

It's been weeks now though, what would he do on deadline day if he was involved? 

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It's been weeks now though, what would he do on deadline day if he was involved? 

Maybe the papers have got it wrong? There could be a million and one reasons why he hasn't signed for anyone yet, and not all of them are down to him.

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Nixon said something along the lines of that Ojo still thinks a move to Newcastle could happen so is waiting for that with it being a Prem move

Fuel to the power of thought, my immediate reaction is that I don't want you then ( not you DCFC ) 

I hate to break it to some of you but 99.9% of players aren't Derby fans. They don't have an attachment or affinity if they haven't already played for us. Why wouldn't a player look to play at the highest level he can?

2 hours ago, sage said:

I hate to break it to some of you but 99.9% of players aren't Derby fans. They don't have an attachment or affinity if they haven't already played for us. Why wouldn't a player look to play at the highest level he can?

But, but Moor Farm........

Archived