Pre Season Woosah's

Day

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

My point is if we have too big a squad Rowetts own word we need to offload the likes of Johnny Russell IMO. 

OK so if I'm following your argument correctly, your saying that because Russell hasnt scored more goals he should be offloaded ?

By that logic shouldn't every winger/wide forward at the club be offloaded because they all have a worse goal ratio than Russell ?

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

OK so if I'm following your argument correctly, your saying that because Russell hasnt scored more goals he should be offloaded ?

By that logic shouldn't every winger/wide forward at the club be offloaded because they all have a worse goal ratio than Russell ?

He has played more games than them. 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Thats irrelevant because his goals to game ratio at Derby is better.

Also it surely begs the question why haven't they played as much ?

Not irrelevant as Johnny scoring has gone downhill.  He scored most of his goals early in his DCFC career. 

The other haven't been given as much chance but others need to go as well to trim the squad down.  Rowett needs to reduce numbers he said it himself. 

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not irrelevant as Johnny scoring has gone downhill.  He scored most of his goals early in his DCFC career. 

The other haven't been given as much chance but others need to go as well to trim the squad down.  Rowett needs to reduce numbers he said it himself. 

But equally, that was Derby's best season as a whole while Russell has been at the club.

29 minutes ago, curtains said:

His best scoring season was 2015/16 where he reached double figures....that's LATER in his career,not his early years?????

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It is a good analogy, but with one big difference.  A film's producers show rough cuts to an audience to gauge their opinion, take the feedback on board, and make alterations on board.  Whereas a football manager couldn't give a ***k about most fan's opinions, GR want be making an alterations to his preparations for this season based on our thoughts.

I've lost plenty of preseason games to crap sides, and it's had no bearing on the following season...

Yes because some fans opinions are b******s.

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Keeping hoping... can't see him going!

Who do you think Rowett should move on then. 

Rowett needs to reduce his squad size otherwise there will be loads of unhappy players who can't get a game in the first 18 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Who do you think Rowett should move on then. 

Rowett needs to reduce his squad size otherwise there will be loads of unhappy players who can't get a game in the first 18 

i'd prefer him to move on blackman, bent, ollsson for a start before he starts looking at russell. Considering Birmingham tried to but Russell i expect GR to see him as part of his plans, and hopefully so.

Archived