Pre Season Woosah's

Day

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If we are relying on Russell as one of our wingers to get us up then we will be forever in the championship. Time for someone else to have a chance.

It's all well and good saying someone else needs a chance but they've all had chances (maybe you can argue Bennett hasn't) and haven't demonstrated they are any better. Do we need better than Russell in the squad ? Yes of course but we don't currently have it.

Just now, brady1993 said:

It's all well and good saying someone else needs a chance but they've all had chances (maybe you can argue Bennett hasn't) and haven't demonstrated they are any better. Do we need better than Russell in the squad ? Yes of course but we don't currently have it.

They may have been given chances, but nowhere near as much as Russell has been afforded, especially by the fans. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I'd rather we sold Russell and loan Blackman out to help him regain his confidence.

Then get two wingers in with Weimann and Anya as backups.

Swap Russell with Weimann and I'd agree with you. Gives us cover for left and right whilst allowing room for a new player in both positions. 

Just now, brady1993 said:

The thing is Russell has been afforded more chances because he has performed better.

Not in my opinion. For me, it's time for him to go. The likes of Anya and Weimann have impressed me more but they're probably the easy options to leave out because I get the impression they wouldn't make much of a fuss about it. He only scored one more goal than Blackman last season, despite playing many, many more minutes.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Swap Russell with Weimann and I'd agree with you. Gives us cover for left and right whilst allowing room for a new player in both positions. 

Nah have to disagree with that. Weimann can play both right mid(like he did for Villa at times) , left mid and the option to play behind the striker. Plus we would probably get the most cash for Russell and doesn't his contract expire at the end of the season? Rather we got something than nothing at all.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Plus we would probably get the most cash for Russell and doesn't his contract expire at the end of the season? Rather we got something than nothing at all.

Surely that's not likely as he's so crap?

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not in my opinion. For me, it's time for him to go. The likes of Anya and Weimann have impressed me more but they're probably the easy options to leave out because I get the impression they wouldn't make much of a fuss about it. He only scored one more goal than Blackman last season, despite playing many, many more minutes.

I disagree, even last season (and it isnt saying much but I thought Russell performed better but that's your opinion. Honestly we cant really say who would be happier being a squad option can we ? Yes Russell only scored one more than Blackman last year but since 13/14 he has a better goals contribution (goals + assists) in championship games to minutes ratio than anya, weimann and blackman.

Russell every 218 mins

Blackman every 230

Anya every 271

Weimann every 384

44 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nah have to disagree with that. Weimann can play both right mid(like he did for Villa at times) , left mid and the option to play behind the striker. Plus we would probably get the most cash for Russell and doesn't his contract expire at the end of the season? Rather we got something than nothing at all.

Surely positionally that's a bit of a moot point as Russell covers those positions as well ? 

Ultimately though if a decent bid came in for him and Rowett decided to sell him over Weimann I wouldn't be particularly mad about it. Provided that we obviously have brought in two quality wide players.

14 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree, even last season (and it isnt saying much but I thought Russell performed better but that's your opinion. Honestly we cant really say who would be happier being a squad option can we ? Yes Russell only scored one more than Blackman last year but since 13/14 he has a better goals contribution (goals + assists) in championship games to minutes ratio than anya, weimann and blackman.

Russell every 218 mins

Blackman every 230

Anya every 271

Weimann every 384

Russell scored 20 in his first 38 games at Derby 

He only has 29 goals in nearly 200 games for Derby. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/teams/player/view/johnny-russell

I'd imagine that keogh must be relieved that his two yearly status as official scapegoat has come to an end and the baton has been passed to Russell.

Two years ago,the scapegoat winner was Hendrick...you know that lad we sold on for a fortune and doing well in that little known division "the premiership" 

Derby fans eh,officially spot on,some of the time,everytime.

download (1).jpg

Archived