Pre Season Woosah's

Day

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He and Hughes had bad seasons - what about previous ones?

I'll continue with the Blackman comparison...

Blackman had 11 goals and 2 assists in 15/16 from 2057 minutes

Russell 10 goals and 8 assists in 15/16 from 3248 minutes

Not especially fantastic as everyone claims just because he's our Johnny. And statistically, that is actually Johnny's best ever season surprisingly.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not especially fantastic as everyone claims just because he's our Johnny. And statistically, that is actually Johnny's best ever season surprisingly.

Don't bother continuing the Blackman comparison, it's unlikely he'll ever manage to play as many minutes as JR he seems unable to stay fit. I wonder why?!  :lol:

So still we've no-one in the squad better than JR.

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

If I get all the stats up it's boring but I know his stats year on year aren't great. 

Maybe you should check them out yourself 

I know they're good, who is better? Whether we can get better is another matter - but we haven't so far.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't bother continuing the Blackman comparison, it's unlikely he'll ever manage to play as many minutes as JR he seems unable to stay fit. I wonder why?!  :lol:

Given the same opportunity and faith, I reckon Bennett could do more. 

Do you not remember Johnny struggling to stay fit early in his early career with Derby? Broken leg, cheek bone etc?

Must be why his stats are so bad then.

Still played more minutes than the comparisons.

I do like Johnny, but I just think he gets the easiest ride of any player we've had in a long time just because he seems to possess a good attitude. He was always seen as some kind of crazy hard worker, and I have no idea why. He doesn't track back more than Ince did. He loves standing next to the nearest defender and effectively marking himself out of the game, and has a refusal to want to run into obvious space. He's then also prone to fluffing a good chance with either a bad shot or a horrendous decision.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I do like Johnny, but I just think he gets the easiest ride of any player we've had in a long time just because he seems to possess a good attitude. He was always seen as some kind of crazy hard worker, and I have no idea why. He doesn't track back more than Ince did. He loves standing next to the nearest defender and effectively marking himself out of the game, and has a refusal to want to run into obvious space. He's then also prone to fluffing a good chance with either a bad shot or a horrendous decision.

He gets the easiest ride because of what you said. Plus he's still not been bettered for all the cash we've splashed. I'd love to see a consistent player, but don't think we will. Whether he'll be good enough for GR, we'll see.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He gets the easiest ride because of what you said. Plus he's still not been bettered for all the cash we've splashed. I'd love to see a consistent player, but don't think we will. Whether he'll be good enough for GR, we'll see.

Oh hell we are stuck with Russell fluffing chances forever.  

RoyMac has spoken 

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

Conveniently left off Blackman's  516 minutes he played for Derby there @Srg

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Maybe not quite fantastic but I'd still call contributing to 18 goals a good season. 

Sith Happens

He had a poor season last year but so did most of the squad...not a bad record prior to that....

A few more of these please Johnny....

Archived