Migraines

Day

Migraine Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Never had a migraine but tinnitus...man, that drives me round the bend, having a bad dose of it now, not nice.

God yes, I thought I was going crazy with it. I didn't get the high pitched whistle, I got the low resonating hum. It drove me mad. Have you got one of the apps that create neutralising noises? I know someone who had an app playing at night in a hotel so he could kill the tinitus and sleep. It was water noises and the night porter broke into his room thinking he'd left the bath running :D

I don't, but the wife does. Starts with 'the dazzles'. Avoids strong light until that's faded away and then gets nauseous headaches, eventually fading to an 'afterhead' which can last 2,3, 4 days.

She's had them for decades. It was generally thought to hormonal, but later suggested to be brought on by dehydration. The latest thinking is they're stress related  (she has a tremendous amount of stress), and they've reduced in frequency since she's been on anti-depressants.

Truth is, I don't think anyone has the slightest idea of the cause.

Used to get them a few times a month.  On one side of the head, usually the left, like a long needle being pushed through my eye and a pounding headache.

The only relief i found was to finger massage my temple hard and around the ear and down the neck for a few minutes.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Why did I know it would be Alex?

Because he's a hypochondriac that's been there done that, got the t shirt with anything you can find on the NHS website.

Thrush? Had that yeah, couldn't walk for a week, went to the doctors and gave me some pills for it, said it was because I had diabetes and I ate too many mars bars, the chocolate also triggered my IBS which left me constipated for a week, didn't drink enough which then gave me a migraine cos of the heat.

Day in the life of Alex. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Because he's a hypochondriac that's been there done that, got the t shirt with anything you can find on the NHS website.

Thrush? Had that yeah, couldn't walk for a week, went to the doctors and gave me some pills for it, said it was because I had diabetes and I ate too many mars bars, the chocolate also triggered my IBS which left me constipated for a week, didn't drink enough which then gave me a migraine cos of the heat.

Day in the life of Alex. 

He has more ailments than an 80 year old.

I've been having migraines since about 2002 - really annoying to go through life without them and then suddenly find yourself afflicted on average once a month.

That said, after about a year of faffing with the doctor (have you tried paracetomol? duh - what do you effing think?) he finally prescribed me Sumatriptan - ie a proper migraine medication, and lo and behold I now have a silver bullet. Within 60 minutes of taking one the crippling headpain is completely gone. A few mild side effects, but nothing unpleasant

These days it's off-patent, so you can buy it over the counter. Albeit as much for 2 tablets as a prescription costs for 12, but if you have started suffering bad migraines I recommend trying it out. If it works for you then get down the docs and ask for a prescription

2 hours ago, David said:

You said "everyone" gets them, clearly you are wrong 

People think bad headaches are automatically a migraine. If they are walking, talking and moaning then it is just a headache (generally speaking)

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

People think bad headaches are automatically a migraine. If they are walking, talking and moaning then it is just a headache (generally speaking)

That's all @Alex W does, walk, talk and moan

Archived