Migraines

Day

Migraine Poll  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ewetube said:

Me neither, I think they're made up by the same people that have 'flu every time they get a snuffle.

My Google research pulled up a study in the US where 18% of women suffer them compared to 6% of men, usually effect those between the ages of 35 and 55.

The person that told me "everybody" has them is a 25 (I think) year old man he claims to be that develops new conditions quicker than I change my underwear so your statement could be true.

It's not the same as a headache, there's not always pain, it can just be visual disturbance, sickness etc. When I get them, as well as one sided pain, I also get a weird brain lag where my brain is slower than normal. Hard to believe it could be any slower I know. 

Suffered from them for the last 30+ years and went 10 years before finding something that worked - I can assure you they are not funny! Never had the flashing lights etc - just headaches as though something is slowly but surely tightening like a vice around my temple. Thank heaven I found medication - 19 times out of 20 it's gone within an hour whereas before it could drag on for 48 hours.

Only had the one. Couldn't walk during. Very unsettling experience. 

As far as my boss is aware I've had plenty, of course. I tend to just go with the old sickness bug nowadays though.

Migraine attacks at worst effected my eye sight and made me feel sick, at best made me feel as if I had a bad hangover. Luckily they seem to have stopped not had an attack in more than five years.

I only get them every couple of months or so but am just coming out of one now. Funny that Mrs W can normally tell I'm starting with one before I've realised myself. She says it's a very specific mood change with me a few hours before I get the first blue flashing lights. After that I can't bear strong light & have pain behind eyes & into the centre of my head. Also feels like my brain is sluggish. 

Usually feel great when it's gone & my appetite goes mental for a few hours. 

She gets them more than me but she uses these nose spray pain killer things which seems to work for her. 

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

I get them every so often, it can feel like someone has stook a hot rod through my eye, and some taking a baseball bat to the back of mead constantly. Horrible pain.

Expected better from you Rynny

I used to have those when I was younger. It got a lot easier after high school when I didn't have to study that much. It ws horrible. I'm glad it doesn't bother me much anymore.

I had a coworker who had such a terrible migraines he got hospitalized due to the attacks. That was just plain frightening.

Don't get them nearly as bad as I used to. When I was younger the pain would be literally so bad that I ended up vomiting. Lately they are more a deep thudding pain but can still last a few days. I've managed to control them a little as I know some of the causes. I can't eat uncooked cheese (pizzas etc are ok). Red fruits are off my menu too. Chocolate gives me a headache sometimes so I only eat it when I'm feeling particularly good. Unfortunately beer is the latest to be removed ??. Sometimes it doesn't affect me at all but others I can drink one beer and be ill for a week. About a month ago we went to the main square in the town Saturday lunch time and I fancied a beer as it was a lovely day. I drank two bottles (200ml each so less than a pint total) and was with a terrible headache until the Friday after. Several late nights in a row bring them on too. I'm also an excellent barometer, I get a bad headache 2 or 3 days before it rains. If I've been good with what I've eaten and for no particular reason get a migraine,even though there hasn't been a cloud in the sky for weeks normally it rains.

Been having them as well as regular headaches most days for the past 2 to 3 years, get used to them after a while. Although it does make me concerned but the doctors say nothing massively wrong. That being said, watching Derby over the past few years cant be doing any favours:D

Archived