Grant Leadbitter

Topram

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No thanks. I believe he's on £90k at Arsenal. 

Yeah but if gary could explain the bigger picture, and mel could offer him a golden sausage, he might just be tempted.

Surely.

6 hours ago, Moist One said:

that's not how I remember it. We were in the game until Clement made an attacking substitution, and, by his own admission, threw the game away.

We were in the game - as in we were drawing 0-0 - but tbh could and should have been down by or 2 in the first 20 minutes. We were making no in roads in an attacking sense and being limited to very speculative shots from long range as i recall - which is why Clement made the change......and as we all know ...it back fired spectacularly!! 

Always rated Leadbitter and when asked who would be my transfer targets a couple of months ago, he was top of my list. Would be a great signing, even if we're not doing either of the things we claimed was our strategy: reducing squad size and bringing in young and hungry players with potential.

Think we're seeing Derby after their No.1 No.2 and No.3 targets for centre mid.

My guess is Matty James is No.1 predominantly due to his age and if not for injury would potentially still be in first team picture at Leicester. However looks like he's staying put.

Huddlestone No.2 but could face competition so Leadbitter is being lined up in case.

All very good players, think any one of them would improve us significantly. It's looking like things are progressing with Tom and I think he'll be the one we sign.

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think we're seeing Derby after their No.1 No.2 and No.3 targets for centre mid.

My guess is Matty James is No.1 predominantly due to his age and if not for injury would potentially still be in first team picture at Leicester. However looks like he's staying put.

Huddlestone No.2 but could face competition so Leadbitter is being lined up in case.

All very good players, think any one of them would improve us significantly. It's looking like things are progressing with Tom and I think he'll be the one we sign.

Not sure on that ,, I reckon rowett wants Matty ,  then one of two from leadbitter or Huddlestone as matty brings the youth and energy to compliment either of those two ,, if that came to pass then we are looking formidable,add at least one proper winger with pace that can beat a man and cross a ball and we are very much in the hunt for top two if rowett motivates them

16 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I agree in general - But obviously he is currently using them in those positions

I was working on the assumption he'd switch between a 4-2-3-1 which they don't fit in quite as well - To a 4-1-2-3 where they do

I think they can all play in the 2 from a 4-2-3-1 - It's just not their best position 

With his desire for a smaller squad, I think we'll see lots of different formations and players utilised differently from game to game. I like that. We became such a one trick pony under SM after a while. 

Sit deep, man mark Chris Martin. Game over. 

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yeah but if gary could explain the bigger picture, and mel could offer him a golden sausage, he might just be tempted.

Surely.

Just show him the facilities in our treatment room, that underwater treadmill should tempt him.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rample said:

And Wednesday got Butters. Hope it wasn't because they wanted a similar player the or they'll be disappointed.

Wednesday fans seem pleased to have him, based on the thoughts of them on their forum. And whilst many liked Winnall, the majority on there had him down as fifth choice striker. 

Means nothing though really. Impossible to know how they'll do. But on the face of it, we aren't looking to play through midfield under GR, and Butters had lost his place after an uninspiring second season. So no great loss in those terms. 

Wednesday play through midfield and like possession. So I can see the attraction. If he recaptures his form prior to last season, they've one hell of a player. Big if though. 

Whereas we probably did need another striker. If one of Nugent and Martin were injured, then what? GR clearly has no faith in the youths. And Winnall's record is superb. Mainly as a lower league player, but his scoring rate is fantastic. By all accounts he works hard too. Sounds a decent addition. 

Time will tell, as ever.

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

GR clearly has no faith in the youths.

That's an unfair assessment - Just because he doesn't think we have a forward in the u23s capable of challenging for a place in the first team doesn't mean he has no faith in them - He's featured quite a few in pre-season and cup ties

I feel like most of our u23s at the moment are 18-19 too - You would only expect an exceptional 19 year old to be breaking through - Otherwise they're still 'for the future' - Rowett will be working with Wass to get them to play a certain way and think a certain way looking to progressing them gradually when they're ready

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

That's an unfair assessment - Just because he doesn't think we have a forward in the u23s capable of challenging for a place in the first team doesn't mean he has no faith in them - He's featured quite a few in pre-season and cup ties

I feel like most of our u23s at the moment are 18-19 too - You would only expect an exceptional 19 year old to be breaking through - Otherwise they're still 'for the future' - Rowett will be working with Wass to get them to play a certain way and think a certain way looking to progressing them gradually when they're ready

Yeah, my comment reads harsh. Wasn't meant that way. Was more in relation to him bringing Winnall in. As in, he doesn't think any of the kids up front are ready. 

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Wednesday fans seem pleased to have him, based on the thoughts of them on their forum. And whilst many liked Winnall, the majority on there had him down as fifth choice striker. 

Means nothing though really. Impossible to know how they'll do. But on the face of it, we aren't looking to play through midfield under GR, and Butters had lost his place after an uninspiring second season. So no great loss in those terms. 

Wednesday play through midfield and like possession. So I can see the attraction. If he recaptures his form prior to last season, they've one hell of a player. Big if though. 

Whereas we probably did need another striker. If one of Nugent and Martin were injured, then what? GR clearly has no faith in the youths. And Winnall's record is superb. Mainly as a lower league player, but his scoring rate is fantastic. By all accounts he works hard too. Sounds a decent addition. 

Time will tell, as ever.

Warren Yes he's a great addition I'm sure he will score plenty of goals for us Also he's a good header something we don't really have As for being 5th choise for Wednesday find that hard to believe they are hardly a free scoring team As for Butters I'm one of the few who rate him slated by fans for sideways or backward passes don't fans realise he was playing to orders he never played like that when he first came Chris Powell and McLaren new how to play him 

Archived