Valentin Rongier

DCFC1388

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-fulham-birmingham-city-13316185

Fulham have expressed an interest in French midfielder Valentin Rongier, according to GWL sources.

The defensive midfielder, who is currently contracted to French Ligue 1 side Nantes, is attracting the attention of a number of English clubs including Birmingham City and Derby County.

Rongier suffered a career-threatening anterior cruciate ligament injury in October 2015, meaning he missed the majority of the 2015-16 season, but played an instumental part in the French side’s campaign last year, making 31 appearances for the club.

At just 22 years of age, Rongier has his best years ahead of him and is thought to be keen on an opportunity to challenge for promotion to the Premier League.

It’s thought that a fee in the region of £3m would be required to convince Nantes to part with one of their prized assets.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Yeah, that ACL injury means it's a no from me.

Would that of stopped you signing Del Piero, Baggio, Van Nistelrooy, Arteta, Pires, Shearer or Owen in their day? All these players had ACL injuries, barring Baggio, they all hit their peak after suffering the injury. Nowadays medicine and science have moved on.

2nd highest number of tackles per game in the entire ligue one with good alround defensive stats and Good passing accuracy at 83% to boot. At 22 would have plenty of time to develop further. 

I know stats aren't everything but this seems promising to me particularly more promising than somebody who is 30+ on there way down from the premiership. 

Archived