• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Blackman ? ?

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Must his surname haha

He's s**t ffs

Why are our best players moving to f*****g Watford and Huddersfield? 

God almighty

Phone call. It's the village apparently. They want to know when you'll be back.

Come on please, just because he's a Derby player doesn't mean we have to pretend he's good. It's ok to admit now and again a few of our players aren't very good and it's ok to voice that opinion. You won't lose your season tickets you know:p

Nothing at all he has done in a Derby shirt suggests he'll come good, a purple patch for Reading doesn't mean he'll come good. Some Blades fans I work with were furious we signed him, they wanted him to go to Wednesday as they know how poor he is. 

All that said, he's better than Bent :ph34r:

I think everyone who signs deserves a chance to show what they can do, and he's struggled to get in the team since he signed so I don't think he can be criticised for effort like some have said.

But... When he has played he's looked dreadful. I think if we'd have kept Christie he could've done a better job up top than Blackman. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was staying out of this thread...but that comment takes the biscuit. Bent scores goals, lots of them.

Oh ffs get of your high horse, I'm Just having a bit of fun as I'm not a huge Bent fan......Jesus 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Come on please, just because he's a Derby player doesn't mean we have to pretend he's good. It's ok to admit now and again a few of our players aren't very good and it's ok to voice that opinion. You won't lose your season tickets you know:p

Nothing at all he has done in a Derby shirt suggests he'll come good, a purple patch for Reading doesn't mean he'll come good. Some Blades fans I work with were furious we signed him, they wanted him to go to Wednesday as they know how poor he is. 

All that said, he's better than Bent :ph34r:

All correct but I must say it is time for Bent to move on but he played for England played in the premiership and scored for many years and there is a huge difference between the two 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Oh ffs get of your high horse, I'm Just having a bit of fun as I'm not a huge Bent fan......Jesus 

I didn't realise you and philmycock were the same poster? That's who I replied to, his post didn't have the :ph34r: emoticon, so I missed the sarcasm on that. I saw yours.

It appears the high horse is yours mate.

Unfortunately I think most fans are frustrated at the club for the signing of Blackman, lots of money spent in a position where we already had an abundance of players and consequently he either never had a chance or was played out of position (although does anyone really know his best position??)

That frustration has then been directed at the player by some fans, especially as there have been some poor performances and a couple of awful misses when he has played.

Hope Rowett can get the best out of him as otherwise we risk losing lots of money on him. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

All correct but I must say it is time for Bent to move on but he played for England played in the premiership and scored for many years and there is a huge difference between the two 

I know, I knowc I know, I've told the wife to board up the windows, Darren Bents fan club is coming, pitch forks and all.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Mr Bents a model professional and a great servent to DCFC, his 13 goals last year as pretty much our main striker was a fairly good return, but they way some go on about him here you'd think he broke Dixie Dean's record... anyway enough about Darren, let's continue the Nick Blackman debate. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't realise you and philmycock were the same poster? That's who I replied to, his post didn't have the :ph34r: emoticon, so I missed the sarcasm on that. I saw yours.

It appears the high horse is yours mate.

Oops my mistake, Philmycock does sounds like a clever man all the same :thumbsup:

you can keep your horse though, I'm scared of heights. 

Apologies 

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

It's fair to say that his Derby career so far hasn't gone to plan but why do so many Derby fans appear to be completely writing the guy off, can someone tell me why? I find it quite baffling. He's hardly had a chance and has been incredibly unlucky with injuries and with the constant changes with the managers. He should get a chance now on the right-hand side now that Ince has gone and I hope he grabs it with both hands.

I remember when we played Hartlepool away in the fa cup, him and Razza tore it up and I was excited before Clement was sacked a few weeks later.

The people who keep calling him s**t and useless, tell me which players haven't been s**t and inconsistent in recent years? For me, only Keogh, Carson, Martin and Ince have been the only consistent players but people seem to be holding this only against Blackman. 

I've been watching a few of the training videos and Blackman looks very sharp. It's no surprise that the likes of Harry Redknapp, Clement, Pearson, Powell and now Rowett have said that Blackman has a lot of potential but the expert Derby fans keep calling him rubbish. It seems that many have forgotten that he was arguably the most improved and inform player(along with Weimann) going into last season's first game against Brighton. I hope that he proves a lot of people wrong this season.

All we need to go on is what we have seen  in proper matches - no complex explanation required. That your criterion is a match against Hartlepool says it all. Blackman needs to follow Camara  out .

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Oops my mistake, Philmycock does sounds like a clever man all the same :thumbsup:

Ha! I was all with you and just about to like your original post when you blew it with the Bent comment. :D

I wonder if there's a similar, really old 'Connor Sammon is a great player' thread?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Ha! I was all with you and just about to like your original post when you blew it with the Bent comment. :D

I wonder if there's a similar, really old 'Connor Sammon is a great player' thread?

It's just in front of the 'Nick Pickering for England' thread 

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I know, I knowc I know, I've told the wife to board up the windows, Darren Bents fan club is coming, pitch forks and all.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Mr Bents a model professional and a great servent to DCFC, his 13 goals last year as pretty much our main striker was a fairly good return, but they way some go on about him here you'd think he broke Dixie Dean's record... anyway enough about Darren, let's continue the Nick Blackman debate. 

Fair enough ?

He's had one good half-season in his career. That was playing on the right hand side of a front three for Reading and cutting in.

With Ince on that side, he was never going to be playing in the position he impressed in. It was a needless panic buy.

With Ince gone, currently there is no insurmountable choice for that position. If Blackman had a run there, he could change a few people's minds. But he'd need to find the same form as he had for 0.5 seasons of his career as opposed to the other 9.5 seasons.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

you can keep your horse though, I'm scared of heights. 

Apologies 

You are correct in your assumption, I am a clever man and I've never been on a high horse, let alone a little Shetland Pony.

I would however like a piggy-back off Bent, all the way to Ipswich or wherever he came from/is going to, looking forward to playing with 11 men again!

For me in the games I've seen him, he lacked a tidy first touch, gave the ball away easy and in one game tried to score worldlys at any opportunity shooting from 35 yards out. Can't really knock him for that but decision making at this level is different to grass roots footy which I've coached. I'd love it to happen for him, but think he's been played out of position for most games. He clearly lacked confidence as well.... so yeah, not a great start but remember he was valued by our club at £3m.... I'd expect much more for that.

Archived