The Nick Blackman support thread

Sexydadbod

It would be fantastic if Blackman could score a hat trick or two very soon then some club may take him on because he is so far down the pecking order for selection on a real match day for us

martin - nugent - Vydra - Bent - wieman then Blackman in that order as it stands

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Couldn't be more right feel for the guy he could score 50 next season and Russell 0 but Russell would still be better cause he ran more

Nope that's not what I said.

I'd love to see you apologists for Blackman pick him over Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Vydra. :lol:

On 7/15/2017 at 17:33, Sparkle said:

It would be fantastic if Blackman could score a hat trick or two very soon then some club may take him on because he is so far down the pecking order for selection on a real match day for us

martin - nugent - Vydra - Bent - wieman then Blackman in that order as it stands

It could well be that Blackman's best position will prove to be wide right - none of the players you've mentioned play there. Literally none of them. To be fair, the fact that you think a Nick Blackman hat trick would elicit a move pretty much undermines your entire argument anyway.

As for folk banging on about 'Blackman apologists', there are none. Not one poster has suggested that he's a fab player who should stay by right of the form he's shown. NOT A SINGLE ONE!!! Those who've offered an alternative view on him have simply said that he deserves a chance to show what he can do, a run of games where he starts and is not coming off an injury. The league matches he's played in amounted to 190 minutes of football across 9 games and folk simply feel that given we'd currently have to sell him at a massive loss, if anyone actually wanted to take him that is, that it makes a bunch more sense to see what Rowett can do with him.

To my mind, it's way harder to fathom the argument of those who think he should simply be dumped out of the club at a loss of nigh on £3 million than it is to see some logic in the counter argument. We've seen similar one-eyed 'logic' applied to Chris Martin on this forum so I guess there's an element amongst the fans on here who'd rather see the club waste £millions than give a player a fair crack of the whip, even if it ultimately does the club no favours. In any case, given a few games he might show enough form to secure a move, but if he starts banging in hat tricks then I'd wager those hoping to see him gone will be mightily disappointed. Whatever happens to the lad, the constant sniping directed at him is uncalled for and I think that's what us 'apologists' have tried to convey and nothing more.

Maybe then folks should put down their pitchforks and let the manager do his stuff before we run the lad out of Derby. Folk should also recall the booing and vitriol aimed at Chris Baird before he was switched to left back and showed the form that ultimately secured him a starting birth. If GR really thinks he needs to go then he'll doubtless do what he can to orchestrate a move. As it is, there's at least as many on here as not who feel the the lad's doing a good job of giving Gary a headache on that score. More power to him, I say. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

If Nick Blackman stays fit then he will have a good season imo. I suggested before perhaps loaning him out to help him get a consistent run of games and to help his confidence. I'd loan him out till January then introduce him back into the squad. Would love it if he scores the goal that helps us get promoted.

Just now, McLovin said:

If Nick Blackman stays fit then he will have a good season imo. I suggested before perhaps loaning him out to help him get a consistent run of games and to help his confidence. I'd loan him out till January then introduce him back into the squad. Would love it if he scores the goal that helps us get promoted.

I'll have some of what you're on! :lol:

44 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He might just do that but I can't see him scoring for Derby, I think he will be somewhere else by September 

I still think he'll come good... its hard to find a run of form when you're in & out of the side, keep getting injured & played out of position

he seems to get in gopd positions but missed a couple of sitters probably due to lack of confidence 

if anyone needs a couple of goals its him, hopefully he'll stay fit, get a run of 5-6 games in the side and prove a few people wrong

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't hear anything about Blackman last night, is he injured, not wanting him cup-tied, vanished or just forgotten?

Not sure but in unrelated news there is a sale on at the glue factory.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Not sure but in unrelated news there is a sale on at the glue factory.

Lol!

I think we need the Blackman thread up near the top of the board while the transfer window is open as a salutary reminder of just what can happen!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/gary-rowett-hints-loan-move-300299

Derby County striker Nick Blackman could be sent out on loan.

Blackman was blighted by a knee injury last season and missed much of pre-season due to a thigh problem.

Manager Gary Rowett says the former Reading man is now fit but he has not featured in the first-team squad for either of the opening two games of the season.

"It's a difficult one, really," said Rowett. "I think Nick is at a point where he needs to play games and the difficult thing at the moment is that I can't guarantee him that opportunity.

"I think the reality with someone like Nick is that he probably needs to go out on loan and play those games.

"But if that doesn't happen within this window (August 31), then he's still our player and we'll try to get the very best out of him."

Rowett made eight changes to his side for Tuesday night's Carabao Cup first round tie at Grimsby Town but there was still no place in the 18 for Blackman.

Explaining the player's absence after the match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch, Rowett said: "He's fit. There's some strange ruling, where if Nick had played for an hour tonight (Tuesday), then it means he can only play for one more club during the season.

"I just felt there was no real benefit to him to do that."

3 hours ago, DEL said:

Loan? Rather to make it permanent tbh.

Massive wages so I doubt anyone would match them. If he's loaned out I expect we'll still be paying a fair whack.

Given that, I'm a little surprised Rowett's not given him a fresh start to see if he might work out under a new regime. Though part of being the boss is making decisions and drawing a line under things.  Such a terrible transfer for someone who strung 10 good games together for Reading.

Looks like he may be on the move to an Israeli team. Nick Blackman does have Jewish heritage:

עטר, מי? ניק בלקמן בדרך למכבי ת"א

החלוץ היהודי בן ה-27, שפתח את העונה בדרבי מהצ'מפיונשיפ האנגלית, נחת בישראל ויושאל לצהובים. בצעירותו כיכב באקדמיית הצעירים של מנצ'סטר יונייטד. האם הוא מגיע על חשבון אלירן עטר?

משה שיינמן | פורסם 10:06 

בעוד המו"מ עם מכבי חיפה לגבי העברתו של אלירן עטר עדיין תקוע, הנחיתה מכבי תל אביב את החלוץ היהודי-אנגלי, ניק בלקמן בן ה-27 מדרבי קאונטי שבליגת המשנה באנגליה. 

בלקמן נולד במנצ'סטר והחל לשחק כדורגל כילד באקדמיה של יונייטד. בגיל 13 שיחק לראשונה במכביה והזכיר בראיון בעבר שהוא רוצה לשחק בנבחרת הלאומית. ב-2005 הצטרף לקבוצת הנוער של מקלרספילד טאון ושנה לאחר מכן חתם לראשונה בקבוצה על חוזה מקצועני. בינואר 2009 נמכר לבלקבורן רוברס, ששיחקה באותה שנה בפרמייר-ליג, אך לא שותף והושאל לבלקפול.

בדרך למדים הצהובים. בלקמן (צילום: גטי אימג'ס)

הנדידה נמשכה: באוגוסט אותה שנה הושאל לאולדהאם ולאחר מכן למאת'רוול ואברדין הסקוטיות. באוגוסט 2012 נמכר מבלקבורן לשפילד יונייטד והרשים כשכבש 11 שערים ב-28 הופעות בחצי עונה. בסוף ינואר 2013 אף נרכש על ידי רדינג תמורת 1.2 מיליון ליש"ט ורשם שם שלוש שנים נהדרות. בתחילת 2016 הוא נמכר, הפעם תמורת 3 מיליון ליש"ט, לדרבי קאונטי והבקיע מאז רק שער אחד בפנדל ב-21 משחקים.

מכבי תקיים היום אימון כהכנה לקראת משחקה ביום חמישי בשלב הפלייאוף של הליגה האירופית נגד אלטאך. הקבוצה תמריא מחר אחר הצהריים לאוסטריה. 

Archived