The Nick Blackman support thread

Sexydadbod

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Alpha said:

Blackman still hasn't had a run in a Derby side playing decent stuff. I'm not saying he deserves one but the truth is that quite a lot of good players would struggle to make an impact with the offerings Blackman has received. 

Thought he was a bizarre signing at the time. He had a little purple patch and Clement thought "he can do that here" like it just transfers over.

There's other players still at the club who have played in a good side and have added nothing to it. You don't notice when they are or aren't there. And these players get off lightly either because they played well back in 1984 or because the team's performance hid them.

With Blackman he's played badly in a poor team and obviously gets targeted as a major contributor. Really he's just been equal to the s**t around him.

I would rather have Blackman than Olsson. Olsson doesn't get as much stick but he's had a run of games in a good Derby and a bad Derby. In my opinion he's a weak link and contributes the bare minimum at best. Poor in the air, poor distances (that allows crosses in all the time), stops the ball dead and kills our play... what he does well is the odd good burst forward. I think Blackman could manage that with the same game time. 

Agreed re Olsson but I think he will stay because of Forsyth's and Lowe's injury problems. Don't want us to be in a situation where we were last season where we had to play Baird or Hanson at left back. That being said, Olsson isn't exactly always available is he because he's had his injury troubles.

11 minutes ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

To  be fair he's looked very good so far against Macclesfield

I like you, he's done not much wrong for the stick he gets but never gets praise a lot better than most that first half 

11 minutes ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

To  be fair he's looked very good so far against Macclesfield

You must be kidding, he's been all over the shop, hardly broke into a trot left Fozzie with no cover, but put one average cross over.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You must be kidding, he's been all over the shop, hardly broke into a trot left Fozzie with no cover, but put one average cross over.

He's been miles better than Russell though who is getting pocketed by a non league player. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

He's been miles better than Russell though who is getting pocketed by a non league player. 

No he hasn't.

The second half display showed everything that Blackman lacked. I'd have picked everyone of them in front of Blackman!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No he hasn't.

The second half display showed everything that Blackman lacked. I'd have picked everyone of them in front of Blackman!

You're entitled to your opinion. I agree that our wingers in the second half(Anya,Weimann and Bennett) were better than Blackman but Blackman was miles better than Russell. Russell's got his work cut out this season and needs to start performing because I don't think Rowett is one to pick players based on popularity or past performance.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You're entitled to your opinion. I agree that our wingers in the second half(Anya,Weimann and Bennett) are better than Blackman but Blackman was miles better than Russell. Russell's got his work cut out this season and needs to start performing because I don't think Rowett is one to pick players based on popularity or past performance.

Russell wasn't great but he put more effort in than Blackman. How far down the pecking order is Blackman, behind Anya, Weimann, Bennett, Vydra, Elsnick and (IMO) Russell?!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No he hasn't.

Are you prepared to even give him a chance? Sounds like the rest of us saw some positives. It's almost as if you've judged his performance before he's kicked a ball. It's like he's having to perform better than the players around him for you to even put him on level terms with the others.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Are you prepared to even give him a chance? Sounds like the rest of us saw some positives. It's almost as if you've judged his performance before he's kicked a ball. It's like he's having to perform better than the players around him for you to even put him on level terms with the others.

I gave him a positive earler, he put an average cross in to Nuge, who really would have wanted it at head height but had to chest it.

Mason Bennett and Weimann showed Blackman up for the player he is.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I gave him a positive earler, he put an average cross in to Nuge, who really would have wanted it at head height but had to chest it.

Mason Bennett and Weimann showed Blackman up for the player he is.

What was average about that cross? :lol: Honestly RoyMac, it's becoming laughable now. Blackman looked positive in that game. Made good movements forward, put in a few good crosses and challenged defenders. Russell was absolutely dull-as-a-doormat but somehow you'd pick "everyone" over Blackman. Not that I did in the first place, but I just can't take this anti-Blackman stuff seriously anymore :lol:

I reckon if Nick Blackman found a cure for world poverty, you'd complain how long it took for him to do it. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Russell wasn't great but he put more effort in than Blackman. How far down the pecking order is Blackman, behind Anya, Weimann, Bennett, Vydra, Elsnick and (IMO) Russell?!

Why why can't you for once just give him credit he was better than Russell by a mile but once again Russell had better work rate? Give over 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What was average about that cross? :lol: Honestly RoyMac, it's becoming laughable now. Blackman looked positive in that game. Made good movements forward, put in a few good crosses and challenged defenders. Russell was absolutely dull-as-a-doormat but somehow you'd pick "everyone" over Blackman. Not that I did in the first place, but I just can't take this anti-Blackman stuff seriously anymore :lol:

I reckon if Nick Blackman found a cure for world poverty, you'd complain how long it took for him to do it. 

Couldn't be more right feel for the guy he could score 50 next season and Russell 0 but Russell would still be better cause he ran more

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

RoyMac is B4's long lost dad

Archived