Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

As I dont know how to start a new blog I would like to know the Forums view on Rooney returning to Everton.I wonder if anyone from The Rams approached him.Surely it would be exciting for him to play in a Championship team with a real chance of winning,than play for Everton who at best will finish 6/7,and it can't be all about money,the millions he has earned at Manchester must be still in his bank account,impossible to spend obscene amounts,how much have Everton offered ?,dont know,why go back to a club you started out with all those years ago.Thoughts anyone.

It's decent move for Rooney and Everton. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

As I dont know how to start a new blog I would like to know the Forums view on Rooney returning to Everton.I wonder if anyone from The Rams approached him.Surely it would be exciting for him to play in a Championship team with a real chance of winning,than play for Everton who at best will finish 6/7,and it can't be all about money,the millions he has earned at Manchester must be still in his bank account,impossible to spend obscene amounts,how much have Everton offered ?,dont know,why go back to a club you started out with all those years ago.Thoughts anyone.

ca5.jpg

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I think Rooney will bag up to 20 goals next season if he's a regular. Remember he's a penalty taker, free kick taker too. As well as creating many goals. Great signing for Everton imo. After the youth they have signed they need that bit of experience and you can't get much more experienced than Rooney. He also needs this as he's far too good to be a bench warmer 

Maybe we will have one interesting signing but GR wants to reduce squad numbers. As I see it we have had 4 outs and 2 ins 

as it stands now .. Max one signing but no others until some departures 

I would like tom laurance from Leicester or jota but only at the right price , just hope the impatient or moaners give's the team whoever they may be this season or next a chance to gel. Wouldn't even mind 2 eager lower league players or even Timmy elpsnik given a chance, Hanson..We need to shift bent, Blackman and a left back on loan ,squad still needs trimming, still as season gets closer transfer fees get silly.Modern footballers like Rooney 10m payoff and silly wages stupid kind off put you of watching it ,when you think about it. Luckily I will pick my games and watch the highlights. 

5 minutes ago, garrym1968 said:

I would like tom laurance from Leicester or jota but only at the right price , just hope the impatient or moaners give's the team whoever they may be this season or next a chance to gel. Wouldn't even mind 2 eager lower league players or even Timmy elpsnik given a chance, Hanson..We need to shift bent, Blackman and a left back on loan ,squad still needs trimming, still as season gets closer transfer fees get silly.Modern footballers like Rooney 10m payoff and silly wages stupid kind off put you of watching it ,when you think about it. Luckily I will pick my games and watch the highlights. 

Why do we need a left back on loan?

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think this transfer has any real chance of happening unfortunately, Brentford's chairman has set himself up to look a bit of a wally if he were to join.

Isn't that kinda like what West Brom said about George Thorne ?

So he doesn't want to play for another Championship club because he'd never be able to face the club he loves...Brentford. What happens if he joins someone like Burnley and they are playing Championship football 18/19? He refuses to play?

Offer him the cash and he'd be here in a flash.

11 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Why do we need a left back on loan?

I could see that happening if we could get rid of Olssen. He's not the calibre of player I want in a promotion team.

Forsyth if first choice without a doubt but he has spent a season out and could be an injury worry once he tries to play a large number of games. Lowe is promising but also injury prone.

brentford aint daft its just a ploy to see if they can grab more cash.lets face it if a prem team came in with simular bid he would be gone . he might be linked but hopefully not at any cost.they are most probualy others that havnt been mentioned so be a bit more patience 

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I could see that happening if we could get rid of Olssen. He's not the calibre of player I want in a promotion team.

Forsyth if first choice without a doubt but he has spent a season out and could be an injury worry once he tries to play a large number of games. Lowe is promising but also injury prone.

The odd wayward pass aside I think Forsyth is one of the better left backs in the division. I don't mind Olssen as backup to Forsyth, better than most second choice left backs and I think he's good enough to push Forsyth for a starting spot. And with Lowe coming through the ranks a genuine contender for a place in the team for my money left back is the only position at the club that meets this Derby way thing. So I'm a bit bemused as to why we need one one loan really.

Is there any indication Olssen is likely to be going? I'd imagine he'd want to stay and fight for his place with a new manager and Forsyth being out for so long.

Only worry for me is if Forsyths going to be fit, but he's been training for a while now and has a preseason to build his match fitness up. Lowe is injury prone, but a talent. Unless the medics say otherwise we'd be daft to limit his chances when there's also Baird and Anya that can cover (and emergency loans?) if things got that dire.

11 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

The odd wayward pass aside I think Forsyth is one of the better left backs in the division. I don't mind Olssen as backup to Forsyth, better than most second choice left backs and I think he's good enough to push Forsyth for a starting spot. And with Lowe coming through the ranks a genuine contender for a place in the team for my money left back is the only position at the club that meets this Derby way thing. So I'm a bit bemused as to why we need one one loan really.

Is there any indication Olssen is likely to be going? I'd imagine he'd want to stay and fight for his place with a new manager and Forsyth being out for so long.

Only worry for me is if Forsyths going to be fit, but he's been training for a while now and has a preseason to build his match fitness up. Lowe is injury prone, but a talent. Unless the medics say otherwise we'd be daft to limit his chances when there's also Baird and Anya that can cover (and emergency loans?) if things got that dire.

Olssen gas been directly responsible for a number of goals this season.  His lack of aerial ability makes us vulnerable at the back post from left wing crosses.

Every other defensive option looks sound bar him.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Olssen gas been directly responsible for a number of goals this season.  His lack of aerial ability makes us vulnerable at the back post from left wing crosses.

Every other defensive option looks sound bar him.

I'm not saying he doesn't have weak areas to his game, I could give you some of Forsyths. But as a player deputising whilst pushing my first choice player on I think he's pretty good.

Rowett has money to spend from the departures of Ince and Will Hughes and he also plans to do a deal with Brentford for talented Spaniard Jota.

The Rams will go to around £6 million for him as the skillful star is in the last year of his contract with the Bees.

Jota, 26, banged in 12 goals in 21 games in the Sky Bet Championship, with Brentford triggering the one-year option on his contract.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1244634/derby-county-boss-gary-rowett-eyes-up-leicester-city-midfielder-tom-lawrence-in-7million-deal/

Archived