Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Why haven't Leicester offered him a new deal if he's in their plans? 

5-7 is a good price, on good season at Ipswich, 12 months remaining and hardly going to be starting for then over Mahrez, Musu, Albrighton.

Let the lad go and play football 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Why haven't Leicester offered him a new deal if he's in their plans? 

5-7 is a good price, on good season at Ipswich, 12 months remaining and hardly going to be starting for then over Mahrez, Musu, Albrighton.

Let the lad go and play football 

I would have thought £5-7 million for someone about to go into the last year of contract a very high price - a fair price may well be £2-4 million

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would have thought £5-7 million for someone about to go into the last year of contract a very high price - a fair price may well be £2-4 million

Unfortunately in today's market - £5 - £7m is the price to pay fi we want a winger who is going to contribute towards our aim of promotion.

The longer we go without filling these positions, the less likely our chances of promotion.

I think the days are going where a player only having one year left reduces a price substantially. Its a different ball game today.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Unfortunately in today's market - £5 - £7m is the price to pay fi we want a winger who is going to contribute towards our aim of promotion.

The longer we go without filling these positions, the less likely our chances of promotion.

I think the days are going where a player only having one year left reduces a price substantially. Its a different ball game today.

You may well be correct but many on here have varied valuations of players for example our own Johnny Russell has a very similar record to Lawrence but Russell has had basically one poor season compared to Lawrence having one good season at this point so does that mean Russell is worth in today's market £5-7 million? 

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Are you saying @i-Ram really is George Clooney? I'm embarrassed now.

Are you saying you're NOT Sting?! Give over. 

(EDIT: Just realised your avatar may not actually be Sting, in which case this retort falls rather flat.)

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You may well be correct but many on here have varied valuations of players for example our own Johnny Russell has a very similar record to Lawrence but Russell has had basically one poor season compared to Lawrence having one good season at this point so does that mean Russell is worth in today's market £5-7 million? 

Russell hasn't really progressed though, he has been consistently average for us. I don't dislike him but I don't think he is good enough for a team looking for promotion. We still don't know 100% what Lawrence is capable of, so in my eyes he is worth the punt. Not currently a lot better than what we have, but could be.

I don't know why us fans get so caught up in fees. It isn't our money.

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Are you saying you're NOT Sting?! Give over. 

(EDIT: Just realised your avatar may not actually be Sting, in which case this retort falls rather flat.)

Yeah it is Sting. Another poster called me Sting so I went with it.

7 minutes ago, dave126 said:

Russell hasn't really progressed though, he has been consistently average for us. I don't dislike him but I don't think he is good enough for a team looking for promotion.

This argument really does rattle on - A series of professional managers have disagreed with your assessment as he has been a consistent part of a squad for 4 seasons which has (in theory) been in the promotion hunt - He was also wanted by Brighton - Who were very much in the promotion hunt

23 minutes ago, dave126 said:

Russell hasn't really progressed though, he has been consistently average for us. I don't dislike him but I don't think he is good enough for a team looking for promotion. We still don't know 100% what Lawrence is capable of, so in my eyes he is worth the punt. Not currently a lot better than what we have, but could be.

I don't know why us fans get so caught up in fees. It isn't our money.

When we spend too much it inhibits our ability to correct financial judgments- Johnson Butterfield Blackman Vydra Anya! 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

This argument really does rattle on - A series of professional managers have disagreed with your assessment as he has been a consistent part of a squad for 4 seasons which has (in theory) been in the promotion hunt - He was also wanted by Brighton - Who were very much in the promotion hunt

I suppose I cant disagree with that.

Maybe we have been spoilt with having Ince on the other side. Possibly making Russell look worse than he is.

If Lawrence was going to stay at Leicester he'd have signed a new deal by now. 

Even if Mahrez goes there's no way they'll get £40-£50 million for him and replace him with Tom Lawrence. 

They've got Albrighton, Gray and very soon Ighnacheo. Plus they'll sign a high value replacement for Mahrez.

He's probably 4th choice at the moment and at the very best that's where he will start the season. Potentially 5th choice if they sign more. 

I'd be amazed if he doesn't leave Leicester. 

Archived