Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Darren Bent

Latest Updates

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You guys do realise he is the most that prolific striker we have? Statistically 

We've never played to his strengths, but in the right set up I'd still bank on him getting 15+ goals a season, someone will take a punt on him, even if we have to cover some of his wages.

Of course, it could be that the someone will be Rowett.

If we can get any money for him that would be a bonus as well as his wages off the books

Rowett said he wants another striker which I would think would make Bent 5th choice

Guest DEL

Wish that's for Blackman though oh well. Still too far away from his home. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Anybody know how reliable the source is?

As said earlier in the thread, this team were linked with him when we initially signed him on a permanent deal, would all appear quite likely and a strange thing for a foreign news website to make up

Guest DEL

Just about right^^^

Just now, Millenniumram said:

As said earlier in the thread, this team were linked with him when we initially signed him on a permanent deal, would all appear quite likely and a strange thing for a foreign news website to make up

I did think it would seem odd for a made up rumour, I think with Bent ultimately it will come down to pay package. If they are willing to match it/ pay more than I imagine he wouldn't object to the move, provided if he doesn't mind moving abroad, which is the other main issue.

Can see this happening tbh, one last payday for bent and our wage bill cut massively, think bent and Christie will be the next two out with Blackman and a centre half to follow

Guest DEL

That club signed Kone from Everton today.