Darren Bent

DCFC1388

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Hopefully this will come off, such a poor team player, GR won't want him around the first team, utter waste of millions

I think his tweet on the day his trigger was met said it all...kerchinnnggg! 

2 minutes ago, Putin is A Ram said:

They just signed Arouna Kone. Do they really need Bent?

887cca7a7f2b.jpg

I'd say no but things can happen though.

I actually like Darren Bent the person. He speaks well, doesn't seem the stroppy type at all and seems a real team player in that he comes across has friendly and supportive of all his teammates.

Darren Bent the footballer, however, just annoys me. It's not his fault he is that type of player and has pretty much played his entire career as the number nine. But he offers nothing in open play. Zilch.

A glorified goal hanger. Players of this ilk may have served a purpose 10 years ago, but football has evolved and you just can't get away with doing nothing else as a striker these days.

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I actually like Darren Bent the person. He speaks well, doesn't seem the stroppy type at all and seems a real team player in that he comes across has friendly and supportive of all his teammates.

Darren Bent the footballer, however, just annoys me. It's not his fault he is that type of player and has pretty much played his entire career as the number nine. But he offers nothing in open play. Zilch.

A glorified goal hanger. Players of this ilk may have served a purpose 10 years ago, but football has evolved and you just can't get away with doing nothing else as a striker these days.

Football has evolved but to say poachers are out of fashion is simply wrong. It may be true in Championship, but Champions League final had Ronaldo and Higuain who are synonyms to goal hangers. Actually, Bent offers more than those two.

PistoldPete2

A £2million valuation? 

Does that mean we pay them £2million to take him? 

He he must be behind martin and nugent and probably vydra in the pecking order for strikers. 

So unlike our last two departures, surplus to requirements. 

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Football has evolved but to say poachers are out of fashion is simply wrong. It may be true in Championship, but Champions League final had Ronaldo and Higuain who are synonyms to goal hangers. Actually, Bent offers more than those two.

But both have much better touch, control, vision, strength and awareness than Bent. While they may not run the channels, they still bring others into play due to their ability and intelligence.

Ronaldo particularly provided 13 assists last season. Yeah he's not a creative genius like Messi, but he does more than just stand around and wait for the ball to reach him.

Darren Bent didn't provide a single assist last season. In fact, he's only provided 9 assists since 2008 in over 220 appearances!

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Lol wut. 

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

You're saying Bent offers more than Cristiano Ronaldo....I cannot believe I read that...

13 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Absolutely not, he needs to go unless we're looking to play 2 up front.

But you're communicating 'anger' at people's posts that agree with your point of view. There's help available for that IRL. 

Hope this is true but I think it's highly unlikely we'll get any money for him. Would be happy if he went on a free just get rid of his wages. Good player, still scores goals but doesn't offer anything else now and therefore doesn't fit. If he was on 5k a week I'd probably keep him.

Archived