Derby's big guns & going with what we've got...

Parsnip

Cease all transfer business! We're ready! Just look at the goal potential in this team... I've bolded the players who have scored in the teens in a Championship season and underlined the badasses who have scored 20! Ok so we haven't seen a 20 goal Vydra yet but it's well known he needs a big man to play off - well he has a very big one this season so let's see what he can do!                

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth

Thorne   Johnson

Ince        Vydra        Nugent

Martin

Ok so it'd be nice to have a proper winger on the left, and quality back up/competition for George but still... 5 quality proven goalscorers in one starting line up is very exciting, as long as GR can get them playing together. And that back 5 looks inpenetrable with George in front.

Getting a bit excited now... best first team in the league already and transfer window barely started! 

Will who?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

So we're easily looking at 100+ goals scored next season. Nice one, very excited!

Never mind just 100+ goals, with that impenetrable backline we could also be looking at 100+ goal difference!

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Cease all transfer business! We're ready! Just look at the goal potential in this team... I've bolded the players who have scored in the teens in a Championship season and underlined the badasses who have scored 20! Ok so we haven't seen a 20 goal Vydra yet but it's well known he needs a big man to play off - well he has a very big one this season so let's see what he can do!                

Carson

Thorne   Johnson

Martin

Ok so it'd be nice to have a proper winger on the left, and quality back up/competition for George but still... 5 quality proven goalscorers in one starting line up is very exciting, as long as GR can get them playing together. And that back 5 looks inpenetrable with George in front.

Getting a bit excited now... best first team in the league already and transfer window barely started! 

Will who?

Not really excited but with those players I'd move Martin-Vydra-Nugent-triangle one step clockwise.

Nuge top, Martin below him and Vydra on the wing. Would give as better chance to press with Nugent, give Vydra more room to drop deep and run with the ball and challenge 1vs1. Martin's game doesn't really change if he drops bit deeper.

1-0 win at home, deflection from Johnson's shot.

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Thorne   Johnson

Martin

Will who?

Would give you a like but you have nugent LW... :huh:

by the way put Bryson in for Thorne and you have 6 there who you can put in bold :)

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Thorne   Johnson

Martin

Will who?

Think the squad behind it is the main thing. Lets say we sign Whelan. That leaves Whelan and butters as very good back ups to thorne/johnson. 

Weimann as back up to the left wing, Russell as back up to the right. Then Darren Bent as back up/competition to the striker. I'd say Bryson would probably fit more as the Vydra in this formation. 

Olson as Left back, Christie (or Baird) as right back. Pearce & Shacks as CB cover. That should be the squad, no more no less. Possibly Anya as a wild card but beyond that I can't see where changes are needed. 

That's a squad of 23/24 with Mitchell as GK back up, that should be about right in this league, 46 championship games plus cup/s to play means everyone will probably have a run in the team due to injury/loss of form. If that isn't good enough to really push this season then we might as well give up now and go watch Burton

Think the plan all along was to flog Hughes and push Johnson further forward, Rowett hinted it quite bit last season saying BJ is better suited in a more advanced role and I agree. 

Get Johnson outside that penalty area and let him get those top corner rockets in. 

Then you have these 2-3 players Rowett said he'd have in by the opening game, hope there's a goal scoring winger on the list somewhere.

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

Think the squad behind it is the main thing. Lets say we sign Whelan. That leaves Whelan and butters as very good back ups to thorne/johnson. 

Weimann as back up to the left wing, Russell as back up to the right. Then Darren Bent as back up/competition to the striker. I'd say Bryson would probably fit more as the Vydra in this formation. 

Olson as Left back, Christie (or Baird) as right back. Pearce & Shacks as CB cover. That should be the squad, no more no less. Possibly Anya as a wild card but beyond that I can't see where changes are needed. 

That's a squad of 23/24 with Mitchell as GK back up, that should be about right in this league, 46 championship games plus cup/s to play means everyone will probably have a run in the team due to injury/loss of form. If that isn't good enough to really push this season then we might as well give up now and go watch Burton

Dad's Army. Where's the youth to excite us?

7 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Never mind just 100+ goals, with that impenetrable backline we could also be looking at 100+ goal difference!

Goal difference will work out around 95 when Keogh's mistakes are taken into account. 

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Not really excited but with those players I'd move Martin-Vydra-Nugent-triangle one step clockwise.

Nuge top, Martin below him and Vydra on the wing. Would give as better chance to press with Nugent, give Vydra more room to drop deep and run with the ball and challenge 1vs1. Martin's game doesn't really change if he drops bit deeper.

1-0 win at home, deflection from Johnson's shot.

I can't be arsed at all with Vydra on the wing. I'd like to see if he can become that Watford Vydra again if he plays off Martin. Otherwise sack him off.

Actually what I'd like to see from my formation is Nugent swapped for a new, proper, fast (expensive) winger. Then have Nugent pressing Vydra & Martin for a starting place - and press he would do oh believe you me! Vydra & Martin would be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their sorry little lives!

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Would give you a like but you have nugent LW... :huh:

by the way put Bryson in for Thorne and you have 6 there who you can put in bold :)

I'm not putting Bryson in for Thorne until it becomes absolutely necessary.

Probably week 2 when Thorne breaks his anterior thoracic pulmonary vortex and needs a throscoplasty on his Basel ganglia. (ruling him out for the season obviously).

11 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Thorne   Johnson

Martin

Will who?

38 games of 0-0 won't get you promoted.

So full backs don't attack, Nugent not a winger, Ince on his own, Vydra shows the unprofilic form he has shown since joining us etc

Sorry but if this was my starting line up come opening day, I'd be gutted. I'll take the defence but I'd like three others in that line up over Johnson, Vydra and Nugent.

12 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Thorne   Johnson

Martin

Will who?

That team would win the league ... in 2013, 2018 may sneak top 6.

Archived