Marcus Maddison - Signed new 3 year deal at Peterborough

Arsene Titman

On 6/21/2017 at 23:41, hughesy 1984 said:

Maybe a possible replacement for ince? Whilst providing gr with extra funds to further strengthen the team. Short sleeves and gloves though ?????

I suggested this guy to replace ince before he was sold, would be a good addition imo without as much financial risk as Lawrence. Many players have bridged the gap from league 1 to the championship and think this lad is more than capable. Looks like he's got a real swagger about his play 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

I suggested this guy to replace ince before he was sold, would be a good addition imo without as much financial risk as Lawrence. Many players have bridged the gap from league 1 to the championship and think this lad is more than capable. Looks like he's got a real swagger about his play 

Well,we'll see if the manager agrees with you!?

According to Transfermarkt, he looks like he can play across the three behind the CF.

For Peterborough, he's played:

AM - 30

RM/W - 32

LM/W - 31

He's also popped up as a striker 10 times and a left back twice.

Could be worth a punt... might work out, or might not!  Could be the next Ben Davies or Michael Jacobs... or he could make the step up and be good!

6 hours ago, maydrakin said:

According to Transfermarkt, he looks like he can play across the three behind the CF.

For Peterborough, he's played:

AM - 30

RM/W - 32

LM/W - 31

He's also popped up as a striker 10 times and a left back twice.

Could be worth a punt... might work out, or might not!  Could be the next Ben Davies or Michael Jacobs... or he could make the step up and be good!

He has what they didn't have...pace

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Couldn't care less about pace if he doesn't know how to use it or what to do when he's found the space. Weimann Anya Bennett Russell and Camara had pace but no end product.

if he's got a brain it will be a step up

I really don't like the "have a brain" comments but I agree that they are all last panic mongers who have no guile. Maddison seems like a very good gamble.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I really don't like the "have a brain" comments but I agree that they are all last panic mongers who have no guile. Maddison seems like a very good gamble.

I agree. If we can get hiim for the same kind of fee we got Davies/Huddlestone for we're laughing.

Looks a good prospect. An eye for goal and can whip a good cross in. Gives us another option from free kicks and corners too.

If he doesn't cut it after a couple of seasons we could recoup some of the fee at least.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That wasn't a dig at those players, it was a dig at the term "pace". All those players have it. The one thing they are missing or out of form with is the bit of class and forethought to do something with the ball when they've beaten a man. I like weimann and Russell and think both could contribute to double figures this season. I just think we need creativity and someone with a brain to unlock defences.

2 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I agree. If we can get hiim for the same kind of fee we got Davies/Huddlestone for we're laughing.

Looks a good prospect. An eye for goal and can whip a good cross in. Gives us another option from free kicks and corners too.

If he doesn't cut it after a couple of seasons we could recoup some of the fee at least.

And for two seasons "fans" will be moaning that he isn't "cutting it!"?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived