Marcus Maddison - Signed new 3 year deal at Peterborough

Arsene Titman

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, David said:

IMG_0038.PNG

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

What so are we after their player or are they after ours? 

In that tweet to me we're after one of their player not them after our player. ?

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

In that tweet to me we're after one of their player not them after our player. ?

Darragh says in no particular order, meaning not necessarily in the order he was asked.

This is an interesting one. It's more likely to be that Posh are interested in one of our players I would think, seeing as we are actively trying to ship out a fair few. However, I wouldn't complain if we took a gamble on Chris Forrester. He is a very good technical player and reminds me a lot of Jeff Hendrick. 

The Maddison suggestion is interesting as well. He's arguably been their best player this season. But with Leeds interested, and understandable questions over his work-rate, I'd be surprised to see us pick him up. However, seeing as it would be on a free, a gamble on him would be, at the very least, cheap. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is an interesting one. It's more likely to be that Posh are interested in one of our players I would think, seeing as we are actively trying to ship out a fair few. However, I wouldn't complain if we took a gamble on Chris Forrester. He is a very good technical player and reminds me a lot of Jeff Hendrick. 

The Maddison suggestion is interesting as well. He's arguably been their best player this season. But with Leeds interested, and understandable questions over his work-rate, I'd be surprised to see us pick him up. However, seeing as it would be on a free, a gamble on him would be, at the very least, cheap. 

Just adding to this, I've just noticed this odd little nugget on Chris Forrester's wikipedia page: 

Christopher Stephen Forrester (born 17 December 1992 in Smithfield, Dublin) is an Irish footballer currently playing for Peterborough United in League 1. In 2016, he came to prominence in Britain during a televised FA Cup game, earning praise from Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.[2] He was subject to an array of bids from Wolves, QPR, and Derby on the opening day of the January 2017 transfer window.

Not sure who put that there or why it hasn't been flagged, seeing as there's no reference, but interesting all the same. Certainly don't remember that appending back in Jan. 

26 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just adding to this, I've just noticed this odd little nugget on Chris Forrester's wikipedia page: 

Christopher Stephen Forrester (born 17 December 1992 in Smithfield, Dublin) is an Irish footballer currently playing for Peterborough United in League 1. In 2016, he came to prominence in Britain during a televised FA Cup game, earning praise from Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.[2] He was subject to an array of bids from Wolves, QPR, and Derby on the opening day of the January 2017 transfer window.

Not sure who put that there or why it hasn't been flagged, seeing as there's no reference, but interesting all the same. Certainly don't remember that appending back in Jan. 

After a quick google, the Mirror linked us with him back in January, according to this link

http://the72.co.uk/70835/derby-reading-and-brentford-track-posh-midfielder/

43 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Never seen him, so I can't agree nor disagree with your comparison... but this seems to suggest he's an Omar Mascarell-type rather than a Jeff Hendrick-type:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3497858/Peterborough-midfielder-Chris-Forrester-certainly-pick-pass-pressure-needs-physical.html

What is this tenuous ********. If l tweeted the other 70 EFL Chairmen and said are you interested in any Derby players, and/or are Derby interested in yours, the reply I most likely receive is "Maybe". We could have another 70 threads going to add to this meaningless one.

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Never seen him, so I can't agree nor disagree with your comparison... but this seems to suggest he's an Omar Mascarell-type rather than a Jeff Hendrick-type:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3497858/Peterborough-midfielder-Chris-Forrester-certainly-pick-pass-pressure-needs-physical.html

I'm going off a handful of performances where I've seen Posh play for 90 mins, so you may well be right!

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What is this tenuous ********. If l tweeted the other 70 EFL Chairmen and said are you interested in any Derby players, and/or are Derby interested in yours, the reply I most likely receive is "Maybe". We could have another 70 threads going to add to this meaningless one.

This is a meaningless post as we all know you're too cool for Twitter, no way would you lower yourself to tweet :) 

10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

It'd be nice to see us in for Leo da Silva Lopes, sounds like a talent that could be nutured and would accumulate in value.

Only 18 and has 48 league games under his belt.

Paper report in Jan saying they wanted 10 million for him though, silly money season

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/751125/Peterborough-Leonardo-da-Silva-Lopes-Barry-Fry-Grant-McCann-Roman-Abramovich

Archived