Which CB/RB will go?

Leicester Ram

Which CB/RB leaves?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that very few want Keogh to go, but more think he will. I personally voted that way.

Have to admit, I get the feeling Rowett is trying to (and in many ways needs to) freshen up the mindset and offload a few old heads, so can see him handing the captaincy to someone new. Clement had the same idea but made a right Baird of it. 

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Interesting that very few want Keogh to go, but more think he will. I personally voted that way.

Have to admit, I get the feeling Rowett is trying to (and in many ways needs to) freshen up the mindset and offload a few old heads, so can see him handing the captaincy to someone new. Clement had the same idea but made a right Baird of it. 

Curtis Davies will be the new captain so that GR has an immediate influence in the dressing room, no more 'like you say' bingo in interviews with Keogh :D

Ideally it would be a CB leaving. For me it would be between Pearce and Shackell. I'd want Keogh to stay as he is able to bring the ball out of our defence which the other CBs don't offer.

I hope that Christie stays with us and he and Wisdom compete for the RB spot. Baird did well for us last season but realistically this upcoming season will be his last with us so I'd rather give the game time to Christie and Wisdom to help them develop further.

The RB to go is pretty easy! Christie! Not improved much! Hope if he leaves to go onto big things! Just Baird is perfect right now good RB but can play elsewhere if needed! Barely put a foot wrong! To come back after such a negative first season was really good! Hard choice on CB Keogh and Pearce both part of the best clean sheet run at home! Pearce excellent early on and in the middle then faded away but so did everyone! I'd keep Peace and Shackell and rid Keogh good lad needs a new challenge and we have freshened up! 

I'm sure that the Peter Principle applies to Christie.

He's reached his level of competence, of a sort; frequently a showboating, wasteful liability. Cash in.

Happy about Wisdom's return! Not adventurous, but a brick-wall barrier, a proper defender.

22 minutes ago, Topram said:

The RB to go is pretty easy! Christie! Not improved much! Hope if he leaves to go onto big things! Just Baird is perfect right now good RB but can play elsewhere if needed! Barely put a foot wrong! To come back after such a negative first season was really good! Hard choice on CB Keogh and Pearce both part of the best clean sheet run at home! Pearce excellent early on and in the middle then faded away but so did everyone! I'd keep Peace and Shackell and rid Keogh good lad needs a new challenge and we have freshened up! 

I'd quite like to see Pearce and Shackell leave. Both good CB's but if we had Davies, Keogh and Wisdom as CB options, as well as Baird as cover we'd be fine.

That'd then leave us with Christie and Wisdom as RB option with Baird covering again. Would give us a load of versatility and allow Rowett to have different ways to attack a game plan. Would be nice to be able to bring Cyrus on for certain games to wreak havoc down the wing.

I suspect Shackell and Christie will leave though.

22 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'd quite like to see Pearce and Shackell leave. Both good CB's but if we had Davies, Keogh and Wisdom as CB options, as well as Baird as cover we'd be fine.

That'd then leave us with Christie and Wisdom as RB option with Baird covering again. Would give us a load of versatility and allow Rowett to have different ways to attack a game plan. Would be nice to be able to bring Cyrus on for certain games to wreak havoc down the wing.

I suspect Shackell and Christie will leave though.

Like to agree on Pearce and Shackell to go as the new back 4 would be -

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzie with back up from Baird, Christie, Lowe and Olsson

But if Christie wanted out, Baird has proved he is a decent RB .

I suppose we will have to wait and see as GR has already said every player is available  at the right price.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

:(

I know shackell is the better player but I think he's a mercenary and the epitome of the ageing prem player looking for a big last payday that rowett has said he doesn't want. 

He was better for us first time around and wish we'd kept him then.

Blooming cloughie and his moral standards :lol:

Archived