Which CB/RB will go?

Leicester Ram

Which CB/RB leaves?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to have Baird as a squad player, but if he's first choice right-back by the time the transfer window closes, I'd be worried about our chances for the season - solid player that he's been, he's not good enough to play a whole season for a team wanting to push for promotion....

I'd like Christie & Shackell to go, but I can't see anyone taking Shackell off our hands unless it's a part-funded loan.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Fozzy as first choice back 4.

Baird, Pearce, Olsson & Lowe as backup.

I would let Olsson go if we could rely on the fitness of Fozzy & Lowe but until they can both (Lowe in particular) stay fit for the majority of a full season we need to keep Olsson around. Unless Calum MacDonald is considered close to being ready...

Wages aside, I'd still keep Pearce around in preference to Shackell as he seems a good egg who's not likely to kick up a stink because he's not first choice. He can also just as comfortably play RCB & LCB.

I voted to let Pearce and Shackell go  for my choice, but Pearce and Christie that will go.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will pay good money for  an injured Shackell and equally unfortunately other clubs will like Christie's attacking style. I think he'll come back strong at a new club to prove us wrong.

Pearce is a great guy just not quite good enough and I think he'll get a regular game elsewhere in the Championship. I prefer to keep him than Shackell but can't see it happening. At his age he needs regular football and we've already got Baird who can cover across the back four.

For me if we could move Pearce and shackell it would be the way to go ,,, I would keep Christie unless we have our sights set on another attacking wing back under the radar or a poss step up from under 23s , I say that because I believe rowett really wants the option of playing three at the back with wingbacks or a flat 442 if he chooses ,, I think he has made it clear that the biggest thing he has struggled with as Derby manager is not having the range of players to bring on and change things around, I really think we are going to see wisdom mix and match as right back and centre half much more than people expect , Baird can play centre half and right back so letting Pearce and shacks go is possible ,, I really think rowett will now be happy with the defence having the players to close games out far better ,, going to be interesting to see how he goes about setting us right in midfield and further forward in terms of winning us games ,but for me so far so good

Archived