Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite player in my lifetime. It was time to move on though - stagnating with us and we failed year after year to get promoted - he is much better suited to the Prem than the type of football Rowett  will have us playing to try and get out of the Championship. Just annoying that it doesn't seem to be a particularly large fee (and would have loved to have seen Thorne and Hughes get a run of games together).

Maybe he can re-join us when Watford go down next year and we (hopefully) go up. 

19 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

That's ace that! It's a bit sad for a 24 year old man to be upset about this but that video just goes to show why I love the guy so much! He's a real talent... have a like for putting a smile back on my face! 

I'm glad it's put a smile on your face, but I've already seen it and I think it'll be a few years before I can bring myself to watch it again. We can replace him and become a better team, but we'll probably not see a midfielder with his natural qualities again until we're out of this league, and even then...

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Too late.

My understanding is that until a signature is on a contract, the deal isn't ratified. At this stage, only terms have been agreed. 

Although I'm sure you'll find an official announcement somewhere that he is Derby's player.  

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

My favourite player in my lifetime. It was time to move on though - stagnating with us and we failed year after year to get promoted - he is much better suited to the Prem than the type of football Rowett  will have us playing to try and get out of the Championship. Just annoying that it doesn't seem to be a particularly large fee (and would have loved to have seen Thorne and Hughes get a run of games together).

Maybe he can re-join us when Watford go down next year and we (hopefully) go up. 

I said the other day my favourite 4 players to watch are Hughes, Thorne, Martin and Ince. We've actually done well to keep our squad together the last few years. Through bad luck with injuries and bad decisions (thanks Pearson) it's gutting to see these four players play so few games together. 

We're due a bit of luck I think, and hopefully with Rowett (as long as Mel doesn't sack him) some sensible decisions.

If GR doesnt get it right,forgiveness will be hard to come by for this sale,especially if the fees being mentioned are accurate. I just hope GR has got it right ,although i am sure we could have kept Will until a more realistic offer was offered.

Good luck Will, thanks for your commitment loyalty shown towards the club and supporters .Make us proud and kick on with your career,you have the potential to become a top flight footballer and remember your roots,cos you will always be a Ram for me.

Managers make decisions. They sink or swim by them. Pearson sold Hendrick on virtually deadline day and never replaced him. Rowett will have a plan. He obviously didnt want to lose Ince for £7m plus but was ok to lose Hughes. I know its not a popular decision but he sees it as a way forward. Get behind Rowett and give him a chance. He will make us strong this season IMO. There is no way he would let Hughes go if it didnt help him to progress this side. Too many times we have failed...too many times we have been called bottlers....it has to change. Good Luck Prince William...In Rowett we trust.

Booooooooooo

I hate Derby, I hate Derby

I hate Derby, I hate Derby

I am a Derby, hater!!

By August I may love you again. Today, today I fooking hate Derby County. They continue to get on the right track, full steam ahead and then derail without any outside influence. 

Boooooooooooo

4 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Managers make decisions. They sink or swim by them. Pearson sold Hendrick on virtually deadline day and never replaced him. Rowett will have a plan. He obviously didnt want to lose Ince for £7m plus but was ok to lose Hughes. I know its not a popular decision but he sees it as a way forward. Get behind Rowett and give him a chance. He will make us strong this season IMO. There is no way he would let Hughes go if it didnt help him to progress this side. Too many times we have failed...too many times we have been called bottlers....it has to change. Good Luck Prince William...In Rowett we trust.

Sick of seeing this. Think I will reserve judgement if it's all the same!

Archived