Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

21 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Unfortunately I think this is very unlikely. If the Anya and Vydra debts were being written off I don't think it would affect the reported fee. It would just mean that when they came to pay us the fee they could reduce it for anything we owe them and cancel of the debts.

Seems more likely that we won't actually get the £4.5m fee because we will owe Watford money for instalments on Vydra and Anya.

Interesting. Maybe that's why we were keen to do business with Watford specifically.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have just reported again 4.5 rising to 7 million. 

Personal terms have been agreed and the deal should be concluded this afternoon.

Sad day for me but good luck to Will . I wish him all the best.

Big changes happening.

Lets hope they work out .

8 minutes ago, admira said:

A few weeks ago he was captaining England U21's.  This is a shocking piece of business.

Why do we pay over the odds on average players and give our star away for peanuts?

He didnt captain the first U21 team tho did he? He captained the second string of the EURO squad in a behind closed doors friendly against Iceland. 

I know he has captained the U21s in the more distant past but he cant even get off the bench right now.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He didnt captain the first U21 team tho did he? He captained the second string of the EURO squad in a behind closed doors friendly against Iceland. 

I know he has captained the U21s in the more distant past but he cant even get off the bench right now.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-ace-praised-for-captain-s-display-in-england-u21-victory-over-denmark/story-30232615-detail/story.html

A bit ambiguous but does say 'rising to 7',  rather than with add -ons could rise to 7

Try reading it as 7m , 4.5m of which is a down payment.........the remainder to be paid in instalments.

Looks a lot better.....................!!

Today's (and probably the rest of the summer's) feeling :angry:

Start of season's feeling (when Will isn't on the team sheet) :(

When we win our first 10 games :) ... or if we don't :whistle: (waiting for the backlash)

When Will gets sold for £20m and we get 50/50 share :lol:

When Will gets his first England cap  :D

Suffice it to say, I'll get over it and might even start watching match of the day again!

This is an absolutely crap deal all round.  Even if it includes wiping the remaining fees for Anya & Vydra, isn't that offering up evidence of us not having a pot to p1ss in???  As I alluded to a couple of weeks ago, this is what happens when you spunk over the odds fees of bang average players like Butterfield, Blackman & Anya.  All of the clubs we bought them from milked us of every last penny.  Why the f*** aren't we able to do the same with tinpot clubs like Watford?!??!?!??!

Just now, ramsbottom said:

This is an absolutely crap deal all round.  Even if it includes wiping the remaining fees for Anya & Vydra, isn't that offering up evidence of us not having a pot to p1ss in???  As I alluded to a couple of weeks ago, this is what happens when you spunk over the odds fees of bang average players like Butterfield, Blackman & Anya.  All of the clubs we bought them from milked us of every last penny.  Why the f*** aren't we able to do the same with tinpot clubs like Watford?!??!?!??!

Not necessarily all round. Could be good for Will, premiership football with a team in which he'll most likely get more game time than at one of the top clubs

Just now, archram said:

Not necessarily all round. Could be good for Will, premiership football with a team in which he'll most likely get more game time than at one of the top clubs

Of course it's good for Will, he'll be playing with & against a better caliber of player, for a tactically astute manager.  The rest of us are left having to watch Butterfield take 4 touches, before playing a 10 yard sideways pass.  BRILLIANT :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Don't worry lads we'll replace him by overspending on Whelan and Ledley, it's the Derby Way. 

Whelan and someone else. :(

Disappointing but sometimes you have to move on

He was always destined to play in the top flight even if we weren't

in a way it dcfcs fault - we should have been out the championship by now

he has to grab his chance - even if it is with a mid tabler

he has not bossed enough games for me or scored many goals 

Love the lad - but here's his chance 

Archived