Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whether to scream, cry, or punch someones ******* ear hole.

At £8m I was mortified.

At £4.5m that's me done.

Have Watford got pictures of Mel knobbing something?

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

If this is the actual deal then wow, just wow. 

This is woeful. Just, woeful. I can't even get angry about it anymore, just shocked. A 22 year old with about 200 championship games under his belt. 4.5 million. The same price as Anya.

Bad business Will going,atrocious business going for the amounts being speculated even if GR doesnt see him in his plans.

Just hope GR redeems himself by bringing in some thing better than 30 year old never have beens, if Will goes for so little.

Should priorities getting rid of the crap before seling our more valuable assetts at bargain prices, 

SSN are clearly stating that it's a deal that "could be worth up to 8m".

Most of the posters have interpreted this as starting with 8m upfront and then adding on clause's.  Seems wide of that mark.

Subsequent reports about payment schedule could easily mean we're trying to tie together the various deals and agree a net settlement basis. In which case it won't be 8m plus cancelling some different deals. 

First and foremost I am a Derby fan always will be , nothing or no one will ever change that ,,,

now I have championed mel Morris as our owner , had faith in him to do right by Derby but I can tell you this ,, if , if. Will Hughes has been sold for 4.5 million rising to 8 then that faith has now totally evaporated unless it's made clear that will Hughes forced a 4,5 mill buy out clause as the only way he would sign and made it clear that he would wait and walk away for free unless we agreed or there is a major drug or shoplifting problem with will that trust will not return ,,, to let him go for the figure stated is beyond excuse unless there was absolutely no choice and he had us over a barrel in which case the fans deserve total honesty of the kind never given over clement or Pearson ?? 

Im at a total loss if this is true and we have a choice in it

16 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Why are you so confident? Hopefully he'll become a great custodian of our club, but he ain't done nothin yet to inspire anyone

Well, 4.5m wouldnt actually improve this confidence.. has to be about a clause or a promise or whatever.

By tomorrow morning the fee will be down to £2m and if Watford hold fire for another day or two we'll end up paying them to take Will off our hands.

Once this dreadful saga is over, if the fee is less than £8m then I hope the owner has the bottle to give the supporters an explanation as to the thought process which led to this transfer.

The fee will be undisclosed, no doubt about that. 

I'm going to forgive the fee, providing the replacement is decent. If we swap Hughes for Whelan or Ledley then we can safely say that our club is going down the toilet. Ince for Boyd then we will get the last one out of Pride Park to turn the lights off. 

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

By tomorrow morning the fee will be down to £2m and if Watford hold fire for another day or two we'll end up paying them to take Will off our hands.

Once this dreadful saga is over, if the fee is less than £8m then I hope the owner has the bottle to give the supporters an explanation as to the thought process which led to this transfer.

You know what, this was always gonna happen. In truth young Will needed to move on as we have failed to succeed at every given opportunity. 

Good luck to the lad, shame about the fee though!

Onwards and upwards eh ????

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My love for Derby will never change.

I do question the absolute buggery happening at chairman level, but you can't have everything,

Whose next? Ince to Huddersfield for 5 million...should cover Clayton Donaldson wages.

I have to agree. I've always said that whatever Mel Morris does at Derby that his heart will be in the right place, but this is exactly the type of deal that I thought we would easily avoid under his tenure. 

Even Fawaz and the Venky's can be allowed to take the piss out of this. 

Archived