Apple

Day

On 8 February 2018 at 07:22, richinspain said:

In the end I changed the battery on my wife’s iPhone 5s (for a compatible one, not original). Seems to have done the trick. Yesterday she got home with 2% battery and it was still working. Now I need to find a way for her to leave the house with the battery fully charged instead of 15%. I think that will be harder to resolve :(

You'll have to insert your charger more frequently.

13 hours ago, David said:

It's coming in a future update

13 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

No.

I think that will be a real game changer. I've read some amazingly good reviews about the sound from the homepod, from reviewers who I'd trust to know what they're on about. Once you can pair them up, and have a multi room set up etc, they're going to be hard to beat. 

2 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I think that will be a real game changer. I've read some amazingly good reviews about the sound from the homepod, from reviewers who I'd trust to know what they're on about. Once you can pair them up, and have a multi room set up etc, they're going to be hard to beat. 

But they’re not cheap, so to buy several to link up round your house would be quite an extravagance. At least echo and google have their smaller versions. 

Although i guess your smaller version is just you’re phone, and if it’s just the speaker side of things that’s most important, then you need the whole device for the full effect. 

31 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But they’re not cheap, so to buy several to link up round your house would be quite an extravagance. At least echo and google have their smaller versions. 

Although i guess your smaller version is just you’re phone, and if it’s just the speaker side of things that’s most important, then you need the whole device for the full effect. 

I don't think the pricing is going to be an issue. Especially if you're talking about them, in houses which already have Apple kit around the place. 

Not sure what you mean in the second paragraph. 

14 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I don't think the pricing is going to be an issue. Especially if you're talking about them, in houses which already have Apple kit around the place. 

Not sure what you mean in the second paragraph. 

I mean, if youre in your bedroom and the home pod is in the living room, and you want to ask Siri for something, your phone would probably just answer. So the main difference with the home pod is the speaker set up. 

I’ve got loads of Apple kit, and I will be getting a home pod, but I don’t imagine being able to justify a second for a long time. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I mean, if youre in your bedroom and the home pod is in the living room, and you want to ask Siri for something, your phone would probably just answer. So the main difference with the home pod is the speaker set up. 

I’ve got loads of Apple kit, and I will be getting a home pod, but I don’t imagine being able to justify a second for a long time. 

Will the speakers talk to each other? Maybe a few arguments.

• 7 months later...