New signing sweepstake

RoyMac5

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Congratulations on winning the sweepstake DEL. Don't know where you pulled that one from. :whistle: :thumbsup:

Why thankyou. :D:lol:

Gary Rowett says Derby County will look to bring in another defender.

Centre back Curtis Davies has become Derby's first signing of the summer.

The 32-year-old arrived from Hull City for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £500,000.

Davies ticks a lot of boxes, according to Rowett, but the Rams boss has not ruled out bolstering defensive options further.

"I think defensively was probably one area where we were a little bit short of bodies in certain areas," Rowett said.

"I still think we will probably end up bringing in another defender, at some point.

"The reality is that would be the point when we say 'OK, what we have now got to do is get some players out because the group is going to be far too big'.

"I think that will be a natural process and depending on which players leave for whatever reason that will dictate who we then bring in down the line.

"We spoke about trying to get a couple of deals done early in the summer, and this [Curtis Davies] is one of that couple."

Derby are interested in Liverpool's Andre Wisdom, who can play right back and centre back.

Wisdom played at right back during his loan spell at Derby in 2013-14 and enjoyed a successful loan stint at Red Bull Salzburg in the season just ended. He helped the Austrian club win the League and Cup double.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/manager-gary-rowett-says-derby-county-will-look-to-bring-in-another-defender/story-30377734-detail/story.html#Ud61TphQbEF2rS34.99

Wisdom, June 31st. 

:ph34r:

*error was on purpose

31 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

TODAY'S THE DAYS LADS! 

Hate to break the news to you but we're not signing him as Curtis Davies signed for us. 

:thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, jono said:

Well if we sign a right back called Shirley it will show that DCFC is truely gender aware. ? ?

But (as I am on a roll ) how much space will be left in the wardrobe ? 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Well if we sign a right back called Shirley it will show that DCFC is truely gender aware. ? ?

If I remember correctly, John Wayne's given name was Shirley, and I'm sure he'd have looked lovely in a dress!

Archived