Time flies when you're having fun

Day

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Ayala now is decent but I don't remember him being fantastic for us...

This is the thing, Keane, Carroll weren't that great either yet Premier League players now. Keane they are talking £25m transfer fee this summer.

Then you have Lingard now on 100k pw ?

If you was to pick a dream team out of this lot from their times at Derby, they wouldn't even be on the bench.

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Ayala now is decent but I don't remember him being fantastic for us...

That's the reason I didn't choose Keane to go next to Shackell.  The Keane we had was nervy as hell, and didn't look like an England defender in waiting...

Also, the Ibe we had looks nothing like the Ibe Bournemouth have at the moment...

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Who are Duke and Noble? 

Anderson was the CB? Injured a lot?

Gareth Roberts... probably prefer him to Olsson

Matt Duke, keeper from Hull. Ryan Noble striker for the treatment room. Russell Anderson another crock.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Who are Duke and Noble? 

Anderson was the CB? Injured a lot?

Gareth Roberts... probably prefer him to Olsson

Ryan Noble. That Sunderland's reserve team striker who scored for fun there but wasn't able to make a step up.

Duke is just big question mark to me too.

9 minutes ago, David said:

*Shouldnt have really included Duke, didn't play any games for us whilst on loan

I don't even remember him coming! Was it Nigel's?

Did Ryan Noble come back or get linked to come back? 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I think there should be an end of season "Gary Teale award" on here for players who everyone hated at first but eventually won us over. This season's entries:

Baird

Johnson

Pearce

Pearce has gone full circle. 

People didn't think he was good enough, then thought he was, and now he's back to not good enough.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Pearce has gone full circle. 

People didn't think he was good enough, then thought he was, and now he's back to not good enough.

What's that, then? The Steve McClaren award?

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't even remember him coming! Was it Nigel's?

Did Ryan Noble come back or get linked to come back? 

Played a game, did his back in and went back to Sunderland, came back 2 years later played 2 games in a months loan.

Since then he's been to Hartlepool twice, Burnley, Gateshead, Darlington, Durham, Sunderland RCA, South Sheilds, Seaham Red Star, Esh Winning, Whitley Bay, Easington Colliery and Bushop Auckland.

Fair to say his career hasn't really took off, been at 15 clubs but only 25 so still time left for a move to Burton.

18 minutes ago, David said:

This is the thing, Keane, Carroll weren't that great either yet Premier League players now. Keane they are talking £25m transfer fee this summer.

Then you have Lingard now on 100k pw ?

If you was to pick a dream team out of this lot from their times at Derby, they wouldn't even be on the bench.

Agreed - Just seemed like @RamsPolls was picking his side based on the best players in their best times for us... Ayala seemed the stand out odd one...

FFS! Talk about journeyman! Ryan Noble's senior career, guy is 25! :blink:

2009–2013 Sunderland 5(0)

2010→ Watford (loan) 0(0)

2010→ Derby County (loan) 1(0)

2012→ Derby County (loan) 2(0)

2012→ Hartlepool United (loan) 9(2)

2012→ Hartlepool United (loan) 10(1)

2013–2014 Burnley 1(0)

2014 Gateshead 9 (1)

2014 Darlington 1883 4(0)

2014–2015 Durham City 32(18)

2015 Sunderland R.C.A. 0(0)

2015 South Shields 2(0)

2015–2016 Seaham Red Star 10(5)

2016 Esh Winning 1(0)

2016 Whitley Bay 0(0)

2016 Easington Colliery 0(0)

2016–Bishop Auckland 8(2)

That makes it 94 games for 15 clubs. Must be some kind of record? Stats are from wiki, so no idea how true these are. Makes you wonder what was wrong with Durham, he played over third of the games for them?

6 hours ago, David said:

10th consecutive season in the Championship next season.

Bywater, Carroll, Price, Albrechsten, Davis, McEveley, Todd, Stubbs, Leacock, Nyatanga, Powell, Hines, Tomkins, Addison, O'Brien, M Camara, Stewart, Mears, Connolly, Kazmierczak, Eustace, Zadkovich, Savage, Pearson, Green, Bannan, Pereplotkins, Sterjovski, Commons, Barazite, Varney, Teale, Ellington, Hulse, Villa, Barnes. Porter, Dickinson, Davies, Barker, Moxey, D Martin, Hendrie, Livermore, Vaughan, Hunt, Vidal, Pringle, Sunu, Cywka, L Johnson, B Hughes, Croft, Deeney, Stoor, Dickov, Anderson, DJ Campbell, Tonge, Buxton, Brayford, Bailey, B Davies, Jones, Doyle, Kuqi, Fielding, Ayala, Duke, Noble, Boulding, Moore, Ward, Roberts, Robinson, Bueno, Shackell, Bryson, Maguire, Legzdins, Naylor, Tyson, Carroll, Kilbane, Priskin, Hendrick, Riggott, Sammon, Keogh, Jacobs, Coutts, Forsyth, Hoganson, C Martin, Bennett, Gjokaj, O'Connor, Freeman, W Hughes, Russell, Dawkins, Thorne, Smith, Wisdom, Grant, Whitbread, Keane, Bamford, Roos, Albentosa, Christie, Mascarell, Butland, Bent, Shotton, Warnock. Lingard, Best, Ibe, Ince, B Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman, A Camara, Olsson, Baird, Pearce, Carson, Vydra, Anya, Nugent, De Sart, Wilson.

He's big, he's black, he'll break your ******** back, Darren Moore!! And Howard??? To early???

My Team...

Maybe some slight favouritism and assuming just a little bit people aren't as old as they are :D

Butland

Wisdom.     Keogh.      Keane.(doing the job in pl???). Fozzy

Thorne.        Hughes.

Ince.          Vydra.        Ibe.

Howard.(ok Chrissy Martin)

The subs I'll fill in later! Battle plan = Get the battle to Howard's head/chest. Build from there with pretty football! 

Honestly think we could get out of the division with ease...:D

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Very classy player, unfortunately had a awful injury whilst in Prem...... shame he only really had Krissy Commons at his level..... 

That pair alone were a good enough partnership to have us looking play-off quality. We could never get them fit at the same time though! 

In fact, we won thirteen, drew two and lost five with them starting up front together and some of those were with a half-fit Commons!

45 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

That's the reason I didn't choose Keane to go next to Shackell.  The Keane we had was nervy as hell, and didn't look like an England defender in waiting...

You think? I always thought Keane looked like Keogh but better on the ball and in the air, perhaps a little slower. 

7 hours ago, David said:

10th consecutive season in the Championship next season.

Bywater, Carroll, Price, Albrechsten, Davis, McEveley, Todd, Stubbs, Leacock, Nyatanga, Powell, Hines, Tomkins, Addison, O'Brien, M Camara, Stewart, Mears, Connolly, Kazmierczak, Eustace, Zadkovich, Savage, Pearson, Green, Bannan, Pereplotkins, Sterjovski, Commons, Barazite, Varney, Teale, Ellington, Hulse, Villa, Barnes. Porter, Dickinson, Davies, Barker, Moxey, D Martin, Hendrie, Livermore, Vaughan, Hunt, Vidal, Pringle, Sunu, Cywka, L Johnson, B Hughes, Croft, Deeney, Stoor, Dickov, Anderson, DJ Campbell, Tonge, Buxton, Brayford, Bailey, B Davies, Jones, Doyle, Kuqi, Fielding, Ayala, Duke, Noble, Boulding, Moore, Ward, Roberts, Robinson, Bueno, Shackell, Bryson, Maguire, Legzdins, Naylor, Tyson, Carroll, Kilbane, Priskin, Hendrick, Riggott, Sammon, Keogh, Jacobs, Coutts, Forsyth, Hoganson, C Martin, Bennett, Gjokaj, O'Connor, Freeman, W Hughes, Russell, Dawkins, Thorne, Smith, Wisdom, Grant, Whitbread, Keane, Bamford, Roos, Albentosa, Christie, Mascarell, Butland, Bent, Shotton, Warnock. Lingard, Best, Ibe, Ince, B Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman, A Camara, Olsson, Baird, Pearce, Carson, Vydra, Anya, Nugent, De Sart, Wilson.

Youve gotta lot of time on your hands ! lol 

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

----------- Butland -------------

Wisdom -- Shackell -- Ayala -- Forsyth

----------------- Thorne -----------------

----- Hendrick ------ Hughes ---------

Ince --------- Martin ------------ Commons

Subs - Bueno, Hulse, Bryson, Carson, Nugent & Ibe

Top 2 Side that is...

Only hope no defender gets injured because I can't see who would be filling in from the bench :whistle:

17 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

He's big, he's black, he'll break your ******** back, Darren Moore!! And Howard??? To early???

My Team...

Maybe some slight favouritism and assuming just a little bit people aren't as old as they are :D

Butland

Wisdom.     Keogh.      Keane.(doing the job in pl???). Fozzy

Thorne.        Hughes.

Ince.          Vydra.        Ibe.

Howard.(ok Chrissy Martin)

The subs I'll fill in later! Battle plan = Get the battle to Howard's head/chest. Build from there with pretty football! 

Honestly think we could get out of the division with ease...:D

Howard left whilst we were still in the Prem and Jewell released Moore at the end of that season.

Archived