Time flies when you're having fun

Day

I think that the passing of time has messed with people's minds...

Hulse, Beuno, Keane, Ayala etc were all bang average players at our place, nowhere near good enough to get us promoted. 

My starting 11 would be

Hughes, Martin, Ince and then you can throw any 8 in there from that great big pile of steaming average players. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Hulse, Beuno, Keane, Ayala etc were all bang average players at our place, nowhere near good enough to get us promoted. 

My starting 11 would be

Hughes, Martin, Ince and then you can throw any 8 in there from that great big pile of steaming average players. 

Bet they would have walked into the Rowdys team with ease tho :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

My starting 11 would be

Another well argued point.............

Hulse - When fit, and had a run of games, he scored goals, some of them vital.

Beuno - When Nigel had Kuqi upfront in a 4-2-3-1, he was frightening.  Admittedly he tailed of during the winter, but by that time we'd reverted to the 4-4-2 survival ball we all knew and loved.

Keane & Ayala - I'll agree with you on those

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

My starting 11 would be

I'd have Commons up there I think - Admittedly he was a little like Ward in that he looked a great player in an average side but I think he had a touch of class

And (maybe controversial) but Barker in his prime was as good a stopper as any defender in the league - Not the kind of classy footballer Keogh is but in the 'keep it simple' mould he was excellent

And I think you're also being harsh on a number of players in the current squad - I think Vydra is still going to come good for us

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I was just picking the team from their best spells at any club! Not just ours :D 

In which case I'd have Keane in there ahead of Shackell - Stubbs from his Everton days :) Savage at his peak? Bannan and Hendrie must be in with a shout somewhere based on peak seasons? David Jones? Kilbane? Riggott? Baird? Maybe even Albentosa?

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Another well argued point.............

Hulse - When fit, and had a run of games, he scored goals, some of them vital.

Beuno - When Nigel had Kuqi upfront in a 4-2-3-1, he was frightening.  Admittedly he tailed of during the winter, but by that time we'd reverted to the 4-4-2 survival ball we all knew and loved.

Keane & Ayala - I'll agree with you on those

Hulse was ok....just ok...he wouldn't make it anywhere near our current first team squad and neither would Beuno.

We have much better players currently in the same positions as both of those played.

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Hulse was ok....just ok...he wouldn't make it anywhere near our current first team squad and neither would Beuno.

We have much better players currently in the same positions as both of those played.

You're right, Russell, Anya, Kamara & Weimann are much better than Bueno :lol:  I'll grant you Ince is more effective, but they're probably par on technique.

At fit & firing Hulse is well on par with Martin & The Nuge.

A couple of grams of what you're snorting please!!!

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

You're right, Russell, Anya, Kamara & Weimann are much better than Bueno :lol:  I'll grant you Ince is more effective, but they're probably par on technique.

At fit & firing Hulse is well on par with Martin & The Nuge.

A couple of grams of what you're snorting please!!!

I am better than Bueno....and the Nuge and Martins career records I am sure will be better than Hulses..?

On 10/05/2017 at 10:56, MuespachRam said:

My starting 11 would be

ye just shows how derby dont recognise talent

40 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I am better than Bueno....and the Nuge and Martins career records I am sure will be better than Hulses..?

In that case, I'm sure your steady career in La Liga must make you very proud.  Much more satisfying than being the scouse hating keyboard warrior you are in-between training sessions surely?

Career Goals

Rob Hulse - Apps 395 - Goals 123 - A goal every 3.2 games

Martin - Apps 361 - Goals 108 - A goal every 3.3 games

The Nuge - Apps 549 - Gols 141 - A goal every 3.9 games

You sure he'd get nowhere near the side???

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice there. Goal or an assist every 163 minutes in La Liga!

Christ!!!  @MuespachRam must be knocking on an England call up if he can beat those stats, while playing in one of the best technical leagues in the world.  

Dear Mr Rowett,

If you're having a cheeky look on here, I think I may have found a player worth investing our time in.  DM me back for more details.

10 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Christ!!!  @MuespachRam must be knocking on an England call up if he can beat those stats, while playing in one of the best technical leagues in the world.  

Dear Mr Rowett,

If you're having a cheeky look on here, I think I may have found a player worth investing our time in.  DM me back for more details.

but as someone has already said...we are talking about when they played for us...otherwise Savage would be one of the first names on the team sheet.... (and you have to admit that Bueno was totally bang average, probably not that good, when he played for us)

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

but as someone has already said...we are talking about when they played for us...otherwise Savage would be one of the first names on the team sheet.... (and you have to admit that Bueno was totally bang average, probably not that good, when he played for us)

I've heard it all now...  

If I had that opinion of Bueno we wouldn't be having this discussion would we???

31 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I've heard it all now...  

If I had that opinion of Bueno we wouldn't be having this discussion would we???

In his prime you can't deny that savage was a very good player...(I still thought he was ok at our place actually)

20 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

In his prime you can't deny that savage was a very good player...(I still thought he was ok at our place actually)

he did a job for his respective teams, no doubt about it, but a very good player?  No...

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Surprised @David hasn't had something to say about this!

Archived