"I'd stay here for the rest of my career if I got the chance"

Nuwtfly

After the performance we gave v Brighton at home if we'd lost to QPR then Mac would have been criticised for dropping Hendrick or Hughes

The performance v Brighton at home was one of the best in recent memory. We blitzed them. As soon as that first goal went in it was exhibition stuff.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be very happy for Bryson to retire a Derby County player.

I firmly believe we would have been promoted had that wally picked Bryson to play at Wembley.

Bryson is a real engine when he plays...he just needs an injury free run and a run where the manager (Mac), doesn't tinker with the side to accommodate a waste of a player like Da Saart.

Bryson played at Wembley...

In fact, he was introduced at the best possible time as we were playing against 10 men with 20 mins plus extra time left on the clock.

Mac's only mistake that day was not introducing Bamford instead of Dawkins.

We didn't need to retain possession against 10 men, we needed a guy who could score a goal out of nothing and that player was Bamford who wasn't introduced until it was too late.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would be very happy for Bryson to retire a Derby County player.

I firmly believe we would have been promoted had that wally picked Bryson to play at Wembley.

Bryson is a real engine when he plays...he just needs an injury free run and a run where the manager (Mac), doesn't tinker with the side to accommodate a waste of a player like Da Saart.

Like I said, that wally picked a team that put in one of the best performances in a decade in the semi final when Bryson was out injured. 

We had back to back 0-0 draws with Reading away and Bolton at home with Bryson playing. We also lost 2-1 to Ipswich away. All in March

But playing Bryson would have got us promotion? I suppose if he'd played against Brighton we'd have won by more?

Just like to say that our heaviest defeat under Mac that season was 4-1 at Leicester when Bryson played.

Now had Eustace played we'd have won that game and Leicester would have fell to pieces and we'd have gone on to win the league. 

Being a hindsight manager is easy. 

As is calling McClaren a clown. Which makes Clough a complete imbecile, Clement useless, Wassall embarrassing, Pearson a donkey and Rowett a joke. Because the clown took Nigel's team from never winning more than it lost to 3rd. He picked Pearson's team out the bottom. And his win percentage at Derby even in his second horrific spell is higher than Rowett's over his career. And Clement's.

A clown eh?

Quick edit for some trivia - Craig Bryson's career best came under which clown? 

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Every single member of the squad would ditch us for a better contract, that's people, even Bucko left us so he could play football :lol:

some people actually show loyalty obviously its a word you dont understandSo dont judge everybody on your standards.Also the guy deserves massive credit for his community work.

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just like to say that our heaviest defeat under Mac that season was 4-1 at Leicester when Bryson played.

Now had Eustace played we'd have won that game and Leicester would have fell to pieces and we'd have gone on to win the league. 

As is calling McClaren a clown. Which makes Clough a complete imbecile, Clement useless, Wassall embarrassing, Pearson a donkey and Rowett a joke. Because the clown took Nigel's team from never winning more than it lost to 3rd. He picked Pearson's team out the bottom. And his win percentage at Derby even in his second horrific spell is higher than Rowett's over his career. And Clement's.

A clown eh?

Look forwards, not backwards, McClaren has gone, similar posts, repeating how wonderful Mac is etc,  just as the Nigel Clough admirers including myself, were constantly told on here, to move on. We are still in the Championship, none of the managers have got us promoted, so why bother with all the comparisons, stats don't get you promoted, finishing top two or winning the play offs do.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Let's not forget I have his boots that he wore to score the first hattrick against the gumps for century! Definitely a top, top man.

I think the Burnley thing was because it appeared that there was a low (750k) release clause in his contract that Burnley exercised and then it appeared we said they couldn't buy him for that, just talk to him. It seemed we behaved badly over it, but who knows what really goes on in these discussions, and he got a payrise as a result.

The biggest decision of McClaren's time here was who to pick for the playoff final midfield and he went with Hughes and Hendrick, despite Bryson's free scoring all season. Might things have been different?

The one thing we can say was that all the central midfielders were playing fantastically at that point in time, unlike this  season

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

In fact, he was introduced at the best possible time as we were playing against 10 men with 20 mins plus extra time left on the clock.

We didn't need to retain possession against 10 men, we needed a guy who could score a goal out of nothing and that player was Bamford who wasn't introduced until it was too late.

Bang on Bris, I couldn't understand that at the time and it still irritates me this day

I won't criticise Mac for the play off final, Hiughes, Hendrick and Bryson are all quality players and, as Alpha points out, the incumbents were Will and Jeff after the Brighton match.

My issue with Mac was the following season where he seemed more reluctant to play Bryson in that attacking midfield role where he runs beyond Chrissy Martin so effectively. 

A 15 goal a season attacking midfielder wasted because Mac wanted him to sit deeper! Mac is our best manager for years yet also the most infuriating.

I like Bryson, he appears to be a genuinely good guy, and I have nothing against him. However, I question whether he is still good enough to start for us, and depending on if he's on as big wages as people say he is, then perhaps it's time for him to move to new pastures and for us to replace him? I don't think he is first team quality, and in that case of him being on big wages it would make sense to try get rid. 

If getting promotion is key then factors like a player being a "good bloke" or really wanting to stay at the club must be marginal. What is delivered consistently on the pitch is what matters.

Bryson's record is one exceptional season and umpteen routine ones for us. If he wants regular 1st team football he should move on but he would be a valuable squad player.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I won't criticise Mac for the play off final, Hiughes, Hendrick and Bryson are all quality players and, as Alpha points out, the incumbents were Will and Jeff after the Brighton match.

My issue with Mac was the following season where he seemed more reluctant to play Bryson in that attacking midfield role where he runs beyond Chrissy Martin so effectively. 

A 15 goal a season attacking midfielder wasted because Mac wanted him to sit deeper! Mac is our best manager for years yet also the most infuriating.

I'd argue the 14/15 team was, whilst less exciting, actually better than the 14/15 team. That team could literally beat a team after fifteen minutes and then spend the rest of the game keeping them at arms length. 

Without actually checking the facts, I'd imagine that 14/15 was the only season in the club's history I which we scored over 100 goals.

14 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Cant we all say that though regardless of what we do or get paid? You might love your job, i dont know, but if you do would you still do it if they came along and said we want to reduce your salary by 80% ? Of course you wouldnt keep doing it no matter how much you loved it.

So no i doubt he would stay if his (supposed 20k plus salary and how do we know for sure) was reduce to 1k....

95% pay cut that is...

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Picked to start then...Mac fluffed up not picking Bryson to start.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Like I said, that wally picked a team that put in one of the best performances in a decade in the semi final when Bryson was out injured. 

We had back to back 0-0 draws with Reading away and Bolton at home with Bryson playing. We also lost 2-1 to Ipswich away. All in March

But playing Bryson would have got us promotion? I suppose if he'd played against Brighton we'd have won by more?

My opinion, shared by many a Rams fan since Wembley day.

We needed a goal, Bryson was the top goal scoring midfielder in the division (maybe the whole league) that season.

Both Bryson and Bamford should have played.

Maybe we would still have lost...but the team that Mac picked to play lost.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

A clown eh?

That was before the tool McClaren decided he preferred Hendrick as an attacking midfielder to Bryson, so, in the second season Bryson (after scoring 16 goals including two hat tricks) was told to sit deep whilst Hendrick was told to play more forwards of the two.

Tactical genius that.

The same bafoon told Forsyth to defend more in the second season to allow Cyrus 'Roberto Carlos' Christie to get forward and play in those world class balls he is renowned for.

Archived