Nugent

Howard Canitbé

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I really rate Lionel Nugent, he's just what we have been crying out for..... for 2/3 seasons. The best £3m spent in recent years. 

He's come to us at the fag end of a losing season ... 

Judge him on what he does next season if he stays. 

I like Nugent a lot. He seems an intelligent player. Got a good sense of humour on pitch.

Ironically celebrating scoring goals after ruled offside and telling Carson to watch out for long throw when we'd just conceded from one in previous games, and when scoring during practice today, all give a wry smile. Funny guy, and can score a goal or two.

There were some really good bits of vision today and some truely classy touches. Much more than just a smiling comedian with an eye for goal. Dave is a proper class football player. I know I will enjoy games when he is playing for us.

going to be interesting how/if he and CM fit both as personalities and players 

7 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I really rate Lionel Nugent, he's just what we have been crying out for..... for 2/3 seasons. The best £3m spent in recent years. 

The only thing I dislike about this is that he shouldn't be.

George SHOULD be :(

I like him because he plays with a smile on his face. If a pass doesn't come off or someone does something stupid he doesn't stand there flapping his arms and having a go, he laughs. Football should be enjoyable, they're privileged to be able to play it for money, slap a bloody smile on your face is what I say. Nice to have him here, although I hated it when he played against us 

I really miss seeing Nugent in a blue shirt. As the poster above mentioned he never seems to take himself too seriously and he's also a bloody good footballer. I wish he could've stayed with us for a little while longer to reap the rewards of the many years of wonderful performances he had for Leicester. 

Sheer class up front with a proper footballing brain, he is so much what we have been missing for the past ten seasons !! Movement of the ball is fantastic! Even at the age he is now he is always looking to get into space and giving the midfield options, great first touch and always in the right place, a mix of all of the best attributes of Martin and Bent and does the thing that neither of them do and keep moving for 90 minutes ! A real class act, just a shame that we didn't get him ten years ago ! We could have been an established mid table team in the premier league by now !!

14 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Better than Rhodes and scored more than Rhodes. Can see Nugent scoring 12+ next season. 

6 in 10 starts ... Looking good I reckon. 

Wouldnt it be great if we had more than one front player aiming for 20 a season. I tell you .. That is what trophy winning teams have 

strange .. Don't know whether it's end of term euphoria but I feel really optimistic for next year. 

Love this guy to bits, plays the game as he is enjoying every minute of it, will be a big, big player for us next season, I hope we have a starting 11 next season with his attitude, and if we do, we will not be far away from promotion.

2 hours ago, jono said:

6 in 10 starts ... Looking good I reckon. 

Wouldnt it be great if we had more than one front player aiming for 20 a season. I tell you .. That is what trophy winning teams have 

strange .. Don't know whether it's end of term euphoria but I feel really optimistic for next year. 

I think it's the way we played against Wolves.

Ok, you have to take into account their quality (lack of) but our attacking play was much crisper than it has been and it was great to see players knowing where each other are and releasing the ball early. And better lay-offs!

If we do the same against Rotherham I too will be optimistic that GR's messages are being heard and, more importantly, acted upon by the players.

Archived