Forum clichés

angieram

On 30/04/2017 at 19:58, philmycock said:

You are BLANK and I claim my £5

Here you go - don't spend it.

Actually, you can't any more.

Edit: Grrr. Picture of old fiver wouldn't load.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Can't understand how these two are not yet mentioned: :blink:

Sausage

Poo

Not sure about this .. When linguistically does a clichee become a euphemism ?  :D

Not sure if these are forum clichees specifically but I dislike, with considerable passion, "as you do" and "you would wouldn't you" 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Not sure about this .. When linguistically does a clichee become a euphemism ?  :D

Not sure if these are forum clichees specifically but I dislike, with considerable passion, "as you do" and "you would wouldn't you" 

But then you would, wouldn't you! :ph34r:

14 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Every single thread being hijacked by Toddy moaning about Chris Martin being fat.

I vaguely remember a Liverpool fan song about Tommy Booth 

He's Fat He's round

He's worth a million pound

Tommy Booth Tommy Booth 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, angieram said:

Posters who rip to pieces our best current players based on the fact that they aren't as good as those they saw in the 70s. 

Get over it, for goodness' sake - it was over 40 years ago!

You make a good point but I do think it's worth mentioning Kevin Hector would have put away the chances that Nick Blackman has had and cost far far less. He also wore proper black boots, none of these bright neon rubbish.

39 minutes ago, David said:

You make a good point but I do think it's worth mentioning Kevin Hector would have put away the chances that Nick Blackman has had and cost far far less. He also wore proper black boots, none of these bright neon rubbish.

You're not old enough to play that game! :lol:

1 hour ago, David said:

Yea but nick Blackman would be a better postman

I dislike posts that slate a player/manager/potential signing but then put the caveat in "but I hope they prove me wrong".

A couple of particular posters use this trick a lot.  It gives the perfect opportunity to play the 'look how clever I am' card if the player/manager/potential signing is crap, but they get to appear all magnanimous if they are proven wrong.

Archived