Ugo Ehigo : RIP

Mostyn6

Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu has died at the age of 44 after suffering a cardiac arrest at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.

A Spurs statement said Ehiogu died in hospital in the early hours of Friday.

Ehiogu, who was Spurs' Under-23s coach, was capped four times by England.

"Words cannot express the shock and sadness that we all feel at the club," said Tottenham's head of coaching and development John McDermott.

"Ugo's immense presence will be irreplaceable."

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has passed away :(

BBC Sport

Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu has died at the age of 44 after suffering a cardiac arrest at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.

A Spurs statement said Ehiogu died in hospital in the early hours of Friday.

Ehiogu, who was Spurs' Under-23s coach, was capped four times by England.

"Words cannot express the shock and sadness that we all feel at the club," said Tottenham's head of coaching and development John McDermott.

"Ugo's immense presence will be irreplaceable."

More to follow.

PistoldPete2

Quite a shock, I liked his name how do you pronounce it Uh-ho Eh Hih-Ho? Good for gargling to. Anyway, the main thing is its very bad news for his family who cant have been expecting this for a young fit sportsman. very sad. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Quite a shock, I liked his name how do you pronounce it Uh-ho Eh Hih-Ho? Good for gargling to. Anyway, the main thing is its very bad news for his family who cant have been expecting this for a young fit sportsman. very sad. 

Ive never heard it said like that.

I'm pretty sure John Motson and Barry Davies etc just said it how it's spelt but without the u at the end of Ehiogu. I'm not sure if they're right mind.

Archived