Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

£37 though.

I wouldn't be going had I not already booked travel. I was expecting £30.

Cost me nearly 60 quid for me and my 15 year old....effing disgrace.

Wendies tell me Hillsborough had a reduced capacity as the local council/police etc having safety concerns over the stadium,segregation and related issues,particularly concerning away fans.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Wendies tell me Hillsborough had a reduced capacity as the local council/police etc having safety concerns over the stadium,segregation and related issues,particularly concerning away fans.

On that concourse with anything over 3,000 of you and it's shocking. Like sardines. How that stand has not been condemned is beyond me. Other than the fact it's seated in the lower tier these days, it is the exact same structure. I still feel sick whenever I attend, you can't help but think of 1989. 

I am there tomorrow but I'm in the home end posh seats. 

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

The issue is related to our safety advisory group who are pretty holding us by the balls because of 1989, don't get me wrong that stand should have been ripped down on the spot and is a sad state but the SAG are completely over the top, look at the restrictions on both Sheffield clubs, we have to have the end sections on both stands netted off despite away fans being on a completely different stand. It is so OTT, apparently we have to reduce capacity on the north because the exits aren't "wide enough" which is utter cack.

By the way I agree the pricing is ***** .

10 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

On that concourse with anything over 3,000 of you and it's shocking. Like sardines. How that stand has not been condemned is beyond me. Other than the fact it's seated in the lower tier these days, it is the exact same structure. I still feel sick whenever I attend, you can't help but think of 1989. 

I am there tomorrow but I'm in the home end posh seats. 

The owner has said he isn't spending any cash on Hillsborough,he wants a new stadium.

I have watched from the home end many times,the Kop is a great stand.

As a Derby fan it is a horrible experience.

Trying not to bounce up and down with the Derby fans,not singinging since I was young!!I can't do it anymore,more over neither can my kids.

My two eldest hate it,

"Dad,this is ****,we need to be in their with our lot".(never been in the posh seats).

Come on Derby!

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

The owner has said he isn't spending any cash on Hillsborough,he wants a new stadium.

Trying not to bounce up and down with the Derby fans,not singinging since I was young!!I can't do it anymore,more over neither can my kids.

My two eldest hate it,

"Dad,this is ****,we need to be in their with our lot".(never been in the posh seats).

Come on Derby!

I live just outside Sheff and I've a working relationship with a fella in commercial at Wednesday. I sat in with our fans at Hillsborough until that relationship began and I literally feared for my safety a few years back it was that crammed. The posh seats at football aren't my scene really, but on this occasion I appreciate it. 

The Leppings Lane end looks exactly as it did back in the day. And it wasn't safe then. I know they've been out of the top flight for nearly 20 years but I'm amazed they've never at least tried to tart that stand up. 

My shortest away day of the season though. And I'd love to upset a clubs promotion push. 

Can't see many changes, the youngsters you might expect to see are all playing tonight in the under 23's.

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I live just outside Sheff and I've a working relationship with a fella in commercial at Wednesday. I sat in with our fans at Hillsborough until that relationship began and I literally feared for my safety a few years back it was that crammed. The posh seats at football aren't my scene really, but on this occasion I appreciate it. 

The Leppings Lane end looks exactly as it did back in the day. And it wasn't safe then. I know they've been out of the top flight for nearly 20 years but I'm amazed they've never at least tried to tart that stand up. 

My shortest away day of the season though. And I'd love to upset a clubs promotion push. 

Can't see many changes, the youngsters you might expect to see are all playing tonight in the under 23's.

I hope they go up,good for the city.Great fans.

Similar to us.

32 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

My two eldest hate it,

Come on Derby!

He's said he's not willing to spend much on the stadium unless we reach the top flight, not sure that equates to a new stadium, I've been at the chairman / supporter meetings where this was mentioned.

As for bouncing you should join in seeing as you borrowed it from us anyway :)

6 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

He's said he's not willing to spend much on the stadium unless we reach the top flight, not sure that equates to a new stadium, I've been at the chairman / supporter meetings where this was mentioned.

Well,I'm going off what they tell me at work(in between laughing at me).

I would be sad to see Hillsborough go,but maybe a new 7 day stadium/facility is the way.

I'm not having the bouncing up and and down by the way.

Been on the Kop plenty of times when it starts bouncing,brilliant stand.

Not going due to price and nothing riding on it for us, but Sheffield is a great day out so have fun if you're going.

Just wanted to add another voice to the "the away concourse is dangerously cramped" contingent though. Was my first ever away game, Hillsborough, and certainly made me appreciate Pride Park a bit more. Good people, great support at Wednesday in my experience. Bramhall Lane always seemed a bit more dicey as an away fan.

If ever there was a time for our jinx over them to end, it's now. 2-0 Wednesday I think.

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

Rangers. If you cannae do the bouncy you're a Tim. But I suppose they stole it too, tsk.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Rangers. If you cannae do the bouncy you're a Tim. But I suppose they stole it too, tsk.

Common myth that pal. 

We did it differently and you played us the Sunday and Rangers the Monday, you took our version not theirs. 

2 hours ago, Ram79 said:

It won't happen but would like to see more of Mason Bennett and game time for Elsnik and Emil Riis Jacobson it can't hurt now we have nothing to play for to give our youth some experience.

Bennett is nothing special so as Jakobsen. Elsnik got injured tonight and before he got injured he was doing well though. 

Only one or two from under 23's I'd say give them a chance is Cover and Babos. Both impressed me. 

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bennett is nothing special so as Jakobsen. Elsnik got injured tonight and before he got injured he was doing well though. 

Only one or two from under 23's I'd say give them a chance is Cover and Babos. Both impressed me. 

Jakobsen looks like he's still growing into his body and led the line well, even if missing a good chance tonight. Cresswell looked good as did McDonald and Bird. None ready for the 1st team, well maybe 30 minutes for Elsnik when fit.

Archived