Bell Hotel Fans Forum 9/5/17

Curtains

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but you would like to think that some players were used in their team in the process.

Last season didn't they have over 30 players out on loan?

I believe they've won the FA youth cup 3 years on the run, and in that time how many of them players have made the breakthrough to the first team?

Loftus Cheek? 

That's the dichotomy with academies.

I hope it works out for DCFC though as the training ground facilities at Derby are second to none. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nigel Clough liked to give out 2 year contracts with the option of a third, I think he knew what he was doing there, as you get maximum effort attempting to get the third year. 

Johnson on a 2 year contract costs us £3m per year against FFP on a 4 year deal he costs us £1.5m per year. They had to give them longer contracts to help spread the cost. 

47 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

who has been at DCFC longest? From memory I make it Hughes, Keogh and Bryson. Followed by Russell, Martin and Forsyth.

I am a bit uneasy about this. Some have been at the club a very long time and we do need to freshen up the group, it is the linking of the two elements I am uncertain of. It is predominantly those who have not been here such a long time that I would prefer to be moved on.

18 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I am a bit uneasy about this. Some have been at the club a very long time and we do need to freshen up the group, it is the linking of the two elements I am uncertain of. It is predominantly those who have not been here such a long time that I would prefer to be moved on.

It's a bit like when us mortals start a new job though isn't it.  Initially you work extra hard to impress your new boss.  Once you have done that... and got through your first year's performance review, you have some breathing space to ease off a bit.

I don't know about you, but once i have been in a job about 2.5 years I get a bit bored of the 'same old' every day and feel the urge to try out something new.  Could be a new company. Could be a new job in same company.  But I totally get what Rowett is saying.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It's a bit like when us mortals start a new job though isn't it.  Initially you work extra hard to impress your new boss.  Once you have done that... and got through your first year's performance review, you have some breathing space to ease off a bit.

I don't know about you, but once i have been in a job about 2.5 years I get a bit bored of the 'same old' every day and feel the urge to try out something new.  Could be a new company. Could be a new job in same company.  But I totally get what Rowett is saying.

I don't disagree in general terms but what I have witnessed is those players who have been here a while continuing to put a shift in (Russell, Bryson, Keogh stand out as examples). I would also say that a number of those who have yet to complete their initial 2.5 years have yet to show much of an inclination to impress the new boss or the fans. 

I can see the general point but the link is too blunt. I would see part of the role of a manager as being to constantly challenge and develop people. If Rowett feels that some of the players can't be developed or make a positive contribution then he is right to move them on but surely his approach has more sophistication than simply thinking 'you have been here a while, lets get you out' and that is how I interpret the statement he has made.

11 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I don't disagree in general terms but what I have witnessed is those players who have been here a while continuing to put a shift in (Russell, Bryson, Keogh stand out as examples). I would also say that a number of those who have yet to complete their initial 2.5 years have yet to show much of an inclination to impress the new boss or the fans. 

I can see the general point but the link is too blunt. I would see part of the role of a manager as being to constantly challenge and develop people. If Rowett feels that some of the players can't be developed or make a positive contribution then he is right to move them on but surely his approach has more sophistication than simply thinking 'you have been here a while, lets get you out' and that is how I interpret the statement he has made.

Maybe you're right. Bryson and Russell have been consistently selected ahead of the likes of Anya and Hughes.  Keogh has no competion.

Maybe Bryson and Russell to stay? Keogh and Hughes to move on? I have a feeling Martin may not be in GR's plans too.

I would imagine Bryson and Hanson be 2. Add Camara Blackman Weiman bent Butterfield and Christie which makes 8 out.

bring in a CB, RB a midfielder and left winger.

8 out and 4 in

use elsnick, zanzala bird when opportunities arise and bobs your uncle

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but you would like to think that some players were used in their team in the process.

Last season didn't they have over 30 players out on loan?

I believe they've won the FA youth cup 3 years on the run, and in that time how many of them players have made the breakthrough to the first team?

Loftus Cheek? 

Loftus-Cheek, Ake, Chalobah and Aina have all featured for Chelsea this season. It would have been more but they didn't play in Europe and have been able to keep a settled 'first 13'. 

Last season Traore, Clarke-Slater, Abraham and Tomori (plus a couple from the list above) were given games. 

Just watched the Ramsplayer highlights. One thing I'm still trying to figure out is whether overseas fans will have access to live streams of the matches or not? Mel's answer was a bit vague on this. Did anybody get any impressions on this? Would be disappointed if opting out of the service, as Derby has, means that they aren't streaming the matches, unlike with other clubs. 

3 minutes ago, RamO said:

Just watched the Ramsplayer highlights. One thing I'm still trying to figure out is whether overseas fans will have access to live streams of the matches or not? Mel's answer was a bit vague on this. Did anybody get any impressions on this? Would be disappointed if opting out of the service, as Derby has, means that they aren't streaming the matches, unlike with other clubs. 

He said they couldn't offer a "season ticket" for all matches as if Sky subsequently select them they couldn't show them. So it sounded to me like a pay per game arrangement. I could be wrong but I got the impression that they would make as much available as possible. 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

He said they couldn't offer a "season ticket" for all matches as if Sky subsequently select them they couldn't show them. So it sounded to me like a pay per game arrangement. I could be wrong but I got the impression that they would make as much available as possible. 

OK. That sounds fine to me. Thanks!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Maybe they should set a "season ticket" price, paid by monthly direct debit, then every time sky pick a game so its not shown they could refund 1/46th of the price off the next month? Then you could have the option to opt out of the refund and in exchange for the value + a bonus of some sort in vouchers for club shop.

Mel if you're reading you're welcome and I'm available for hire ;) 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you're going to ignore what everyone involved with the club is saying about the contract extension, surely you can come up with a better conspiracy theory than that?

How about, Bent was flying his drone over SRs garden one night and captured an orgy, featuring SR, George Burley, Jason Shackell and Paul Clement. Bent reported this to Nigel Pearson who threatened to go to the papers, so MM sacked him. In an attempt to save face SR brought Mac back and convinced him to play Bent more than 23 times to activate his contract extension. Mac duly obliged but once MM found out he sacked him. In a bid to get evidence on SR, MM got Ayrton Wassall (son of his best mate Daz Waz) to infiltrate the Wasserman Group. And the rest is history.

I thought I'd nailed it with that one to be fair.

On 5/9/2017 at 22:57, LazloW said:

From the quotes, it seems the opposite of this.  Even though as both a fan and owner he had a different opinion than the manager, he allowed them to do what they thought was right.  He might have questioned the decisions in private, but Hendrick  and Martin still left, so he didn't overrule Pearson.  If he had, then that would be a sign of what you've suggested.  

Is he not allowed an opinion like the rest of us? 

LAet go if he interfered as much as you reckon niether martin on hensrick would have gone

10 hours ago, RamO said:

10 hours ago, RamO said:

OK. That sounds fine to me. Thanks!

sounds crap for me personally,  if I supported most other teams I would get a chance to watch them but not my club.  Hopefully there will be a solution but at the moment more than a little disappointed

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

sounds crap for me personally,  if I supported most other teams I would get a chance to watch them but not my club.  Hopefully there will be a solution but at the moment more than a little disappointed

The same applies to the new iFollow service that the other clubs are signed up to, if TV pick up the game there will be no stream despite paying for the £110 up front season ticket.

The TV deal that the EFL signed prevents them from streaming games that are on TV, there's nothing the EFL or Derby can do until the deal expires in a couple of seasons.

Derby by the sounds of it are doing it but as a pay as you watch which depending on the costs might work out cheaper as we are on TV a fair amount.

32 minutes ago, David said:

The same applies to the new iFollow service that the other clubs are signed up to, if TV pick up the game there will be no stream despite paying for the £110 up front season ticket.

The TV deal that the EFL signed prevents them from streaming games that are on TV, there's nothing the EFL or Derby can do until the deal expires in a couple of seasons.

Derby by the sounds of it are doing it but as a pay as you watch which depending on the costs might work out cheaper as we are on TV a fair amount.

hmmm, I don't know. £110 over 46 games is only about £2.39 a game. Can't see MM charging that per game. I think it'll be over a fiver a game tbh. So even if we're on tv 10 times next season, at a fiver a game that's £180.

That's assuming the price is actually a fiver per game though :p

As a ST holder who is a half fan and doesn't go to away games I just want an away package. How will this work for away games? Do we need permission from the home team to use our own cameras or do we buy their feed to show on our channel?

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

hmmm, I don't know. £110 over 46 games is only about £2.39 a game. Can't see MM charging that per game. I think it'll be over a fiver a game tbh.

Assuming you are able to watch all the games, all guesswork I guess on prices until it's been announced.

The availability of games however won't be any less 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

As a ST holder who is a half fan and doesn't go to away games I just want an away package. How will this work for away games? Do we need permission from the home team to use our own cameras or do we buy their feed to show on our channel?

The EFL service is only available outside the UK, guessing that's due to contractual reasons so probably the same for us 

Archived