Derby County v Fulham

Mafiabob

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Rowett bringing Butterfield on changed the game. Sounds weird as we were 2-1 up but Fulham would have eventually made their dominance count in the second half. Gave us a lot more control despite JB maybe not doing much in isolation. Allowed Bryson to press ten yards higher which made a huge difference.

Not sure that the tactical change worked that well but i was pleased he did something. So many managers do nothing when we clearly gettng outplayed and just hope.

we lost a lost alot of attacking threat when vydra went off. We scored from two goalkeeping howlers. 

Interesting team fulham. They play good football. Cut through us like a knife thro butter at times. I've never seen a team push the full backs up so high and not get punished for it. 

A game that will give GR plenty to think about.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Was the non decision by the ref when Nugent appeared to be pulled back as bad as it looked?

Other than that thought the ref was decent.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Not sure that the tactical change worked that well but i was pleased he did something. So many managers do nothing when we clearly gettng outplayed and just hope.

we lost a lost alot of attacking threat when vydra went off. We scored from two goalkeeping howlers. 

Interesting team fulham. They play good football. Cut through us like a knife thro butter at times. I've never seen a team push the full backs up so high and not get punished for it. 

A game that will give GR plenty to think about.

I thought we had a lot more control, maybe at the expense of some attacking threat but it was a defensive substitution without being too defensive if that makes sense. Like I said I just thought it made us a bit better off the ball and matched them in midfield a bit better. Probably also meant we could push Ince and Russell up slightly too to try and make use of the space.

Great result and impressive performance,starting to look like a team and some tactical know how being shown. Wasnt over whelmed when we got Nugent but hats off to him and congrats on this evenings goals.  After so many disapointing results cant believe we are just off the play offs.

Well done lads ,

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was the non decision by the ref when Nugent appeared to be pulled back as bad as it looked?

Other than that thought the ref was decent.

I thought ref did well tonight. Would be looking more at the linesman for the pull back on Nugent, he would have had a much better view than the ref. 

Not sure we are a counter attacking side as stated by a poster earlier ,, we seem to have most of our success from robbing the opposition in their own half and putting them under pressure , I think that's what we are aiming for , slipping into old ways ( dropping deep and backing off) gives that impression maybe coupled with the fact we are now moving the ball faster again and much more direct , I just looked at Fulham , Sheffers we'd , Preston fixtures and there is no forgone conclusion that it's over for us ( bloody hell its hard on the heart being a Derby fan) ,, how ironic would it be that after seasons of being nailed on and blowing it we came from nowhere and romped up through play offs ,,, say what you want about Morris's too but he don't let us drift , he keeps whipping up the intensity and interest 

PistoldPete2
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought ref did well tonight. Would be looking more at the linesman for the pull back on Nugent, he would have had a much better view than the ref. 

I think from any poistion you'd have to be blind to miss it, yet somehow both the ref and the linesman missed it. Can't decide which was the easier decision the foul on nugent or the peno. Both very blatant. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think from any poistion you'd have to be blind to miss it, yet somehow both the ref and the linesman missed it. Can't decide which was the easier decision the foul on nugent or the peno. Both very blatant. 

Ref was behind Fulham defender though so maybe couldn't see through him, linesman looking straight across at it.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a hat-trick. I can remember a Boro fan coming on here just after we'd signed him saying we'll all love Nugent when we see him play....i thought he'd got arsenic poisoning from the ICI plant at the time but fook me was he right!

That is one of the best hat-tricks seen at Pride Park. Pure graft, great skill and a cool head....well done Dave!

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

Who was at fault for their 2nd goal, we have to have a SCAPEGOAT, someone was to blame

that's how it works.

We had five players in and around their penalty area and came desperately close to grabbing a fifth - then we just got caught on the break. One of those things.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

Apart from the four goals, you mean? 

None of the goals were due to the full backs. 

Archived